The RingCentral environment is fast paced, high octane, success driven, team oriented and committed to growing the business in a virtually untapped market. Do you have the ability to thrive in startup environment?
We are looking for candidates with an entrepreneurial spark!
As a Technical Support Engineer, you will provide high value implementation and support to our largest enterprise customers. You will need to love solving tricky problems, moving fast and working proactively with customers. You will deliver value to customers by helping them get the most out of their RingCentral service. This will include helping them setup and optimize their hosted PBX solution to meet their business needs. It will also involve helping them troubleshoot their network, router, firewall and ISP connections to optimize their VOIP quality of service. Your technical work will enable seamless integration of RingCentral into their business.
- Apply expert knowledge of RingCentral services, VoIP technology, networking hardware and software
- Provide premium implementation and technical support to RingCentral’s largest customers
- Plan, design, install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair RingCentral’s solutions
- Understand network architecture required to support RingCentral’s VoIP services
- Recommend network hardware, software and design elements
- Answer difficult technical questions, solve technical problems and suggest appropriate workarounds
- Utilize network performance monitoring tools to isolate and root cause issues
- Provide quick and accurate handling of support interactions – phone, chat, screen-sharing, email
- Typically, 2+ yrs. experience in customer focused role - post-sales technical support
- Experience with VOIP technology and terminology including SIP, RTP, QoS, COS, codecs
- Knowledgeable in advanced network troubleshooting and terminology including LAN/WAN, Routers, Firewalls, Switches, PBX deployment, TCP/IP (IPv4), DNS, etc.
- Any networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus - Cisco CCNA or equivalent is desirable
- Experience configuring, updating and supporting VOIP solutions in a multi-location environment
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly demanding, team-oriented and fast paced environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, be effective and make a difference
- Degree in Computer Science Preferred Networking, IT or telecommunications certification is a plus
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong interpersonal skills, sound judgement, strong analytical skills, and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of all functions and related tasks in telephone service delivery
- Knowledge of Local Number Portability
- Knowledge of telephone products and services
- Knowledge of telephone regulations for customer service and service delivery
- Knowledge of service trouble shooting diagnostic procedures
- Knowledge of IP network architecture, equipment, and software
- Knowledge of general accounting and billing procedures
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications (i.e. word processing, spreadsheet, telephone billing systems, etc.)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent experience related Work Experience Number of Years
- Ideally +2 years of experience in Telecommunications and Customer service and Technical Support experience