VELA GAMES IS LOOKING FOR A HIGHLY MOTIVATED AND TALENTED 3D ANIMATOR WHO WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR CREATING A DIVERSE VARIETY OF ANIMATIONS NEEDED TO BREATHE LIFE INTO OUR NEW WORLD USING CLASSIC ANIMATION PRINCIPLES
We’re looking for someone who wants to be part of the core foundation of Vela Games; someone who is passionate about being part of an early tight-knit team laser-focused on creating innovative game experiences, and a company, from the ground up. As a 3D Animator on the project, you will provide a diverse selection of game-related animation. You will have a strong foundation in the principles of animation, including weight, anticipation, timing, and impact. You love playing games as much as making games and will bring characters and their stories to life through your skills and creativity.
In fact, this person could be you! If it is, please reach out to us.
Vela Games is located in Dublin, Ireland. This is a full-time, permanent position and applicants must live or plan to live within commuting distance to the studio. We offer competitive salaries, benefits, and company equity to all team members.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Develop, maintain, and craft animations for real time game assets
- Collaborate with team members to create animation assets that bring to life the project’s game and visual design
- Create high quality animations for cutscenes and cinematics
- Work collaboratively with an enthusiastic team of artists, writers, engineers, and designers dedicated to crafting world-class games
- Minimum 3+ years experience in game development animating characters using Maya or equivalent 3D program
- Extraordinary skill in animating the human bipedal figure as well as other organic forms.
- Strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how they can be used to enhance gameplay
- Excellent communication skills: Ability to effectively collaborate with creative & technical team members
- Start-up orientation: Able to work creatively to solve problems as part of a small group
- Deep passion for multiplayer games and player experience
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine
- Experience on multiple shipped projects in AAA games or feature animation
- Experience on 3rd person action, RPG, or fighting games
- Experience in FX and particle animation
- Skill in one or more related disciplines – visual effects, rigging, or technical art
- Competitive Salary
- Company Ownership
- Relocation Assistance
- Flexible PTO
- Parental Leave