We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our SuperAwesome finance team.
This is not your typical finance job; youll be working in the fast-paced environment of a global high growth ‘kidtech’ business with the mission of making the internet safer for kids. With the help of various technology platforms, you’ll be responsible for processing all purchases and expenses correctly and on time to ensure a great experience for suppliers and employees.
As the business and number of transactions grow, a key challenge will involve working with the team to improve systems and processes, so that the finance function can scale effectively and efficiently.
Excellent communication, organisational, and IT skills are a must, in addition to having very strong attention to detail. A strong candidate will also be proactive and technology curious.
- Reviewing and correctly categorising purchase invoices uploaded to Tipalti, our AP automation platform.
- Reconciling supplier statements.
- Reviewing and processing employee expense claims raised in Expensify, our receipt and expense management platform, to ensure that employees are reimbursed in line with the company’s expenses policy.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date spend data in the corporate card spend management platform, Spendesk.
- Maintaining accurate up-to-date spend data in the travel platforms, Travel Perk and Dial-a-flight.
- Matching invoices against POs and investigating/ managing any discrepancies to resolution.
- Assisting with the completion of the month end close processes.
- Dealing with accounts queries upon request via phone and email.
- Performing bank reconciliations using BlackLine, our accounting automation tool.
- Assisting the team with ad hoc reports.
- Supporting the team in implementing new technologies to help the business scale. Eventually this will involve you owning & delivering projects yourself.
- Good understanding of basic accounting concepts and double entry.
- Good Microsoft Excel skills i.e Pivot Tables, VLOOKUP and SUMIF formulas.
- Studying towards a professional accounting qualification, e.g. AAT/ CIMA, or a recent university accounting graduate.
- Must be a confident speaker to be able to resolve internal and external (supplier) queries.
- Experience of working in advertising/media desirable
- Experience of working in a start-up or scale-up desirable
- Experience of using Netsuite ERP desirable
We’re a rapidly growing start-up team with a serious track record and an awesome team atmosphere. This is a genuine opportunity to learn and grow, through real ownership and responsibility and hands on mentorship from an experienced Senior Management team.
We have a range of awesome perks and benefits:
- Fully paid healthcare - provided through Vitality
- Monthly pizza Friday
- Wednesday catered breakfast
- Quarterly team lunches
- Friday drinks
- Office snack bar
- Pension scheme
- Holidays - 25+ bank holidays
- 6 months fully paid maternity leave
- Flexible hours
- Quarterly socials / yearly company event
- Product team hack days and charity events
- Health and wellbeing calendar