Through engagement, we’re on a journey to enable a safe environment which cultivates Agile and Lean behaviors for sustainable organisational growth/results. We want you to support our product teams towards a lean and agile mind set, harnessing practices and tools that will deliver amazing products and services to our many users and customers.
You will work with Engineering teams, Product Managers and Leadership to support a culture of autonomy, collaboration and learning that delivers a preforming, reliable and usable e-commerce platform delivering a range of Moonpig products to our customers.
Things I should value:
- Be a true servant leader and work across multiple teams
- Engage people across the engineering and product organization to foster positive behaviors which enable a growth and Agile/Lean mindset
- Serve as a center-of-expertise resource accessible to teams for coaching and advice to ensure they are working in a high performing way
- Recognize opportunities to serve as facilitator, coach, mentor or teacher in order to empower Development teams to self-organise and own achievement of their OKRs (Objectives and Key Results)
- Help the Development and Product teams to amplify learning in order create high-value products
- Use systems thinking to support change for better actions that will raise visibility of work, maximize throughput, reduce work in progress, identify and remove constraints/impediments across Product and Engineering organization.
- Empower a culture of relentless continuous improvement
- Facilitate cadence of agile meetings if necessary.
- Teach teams to monitor flow of value through their value streams using effective metrics
- Encourage a culture of openness and transparency
- Teach and coach Agile practices and values through product and development organization
- Build training materials to support a blended learning strategy
- Deliver learning and development content in written or spoken formats to groups across the product and engineering community.
Keys to success:
- I am passionately committed to delivering value to customers and use agile and Lean practices and tools to help teams continuously improve, deliver iteratively and incrementally
- I create learning and development opportunities for teams to embrace change and agility
- Able to connect with people and teams throughout the organization in order to challenge or support (or combination of both) them towards agile behaviors and ownership of their own solutions/outcomes.
- Adept at recognizing opportunities to mentor, teach, facilitate, coach or be a hands on practitioner able to leverage a range of agile practices or tools based on context of problem
- I am an ambassador for an agile and growth mindset and champion the ways of working for teams across product and technology teams
- Self starter and passionate about continuous learning and self improvement whether self paced, via meet-ups, conferences, courses and/or blogging.
What I need to know
- Solid industry experience in coaching teams across products and lines of business leveraging various Agile practices (Lean, Scrum, DSDM, Kanban, XP, FDD)
- Although recognized certifications (Certified Scrum Master, Certified Product Owner, Certified Agile Coach etc.) are valuable, more value is placed on the diversity of coaching experiences that can be demonstrated or evidenced based on previous engagement examples.
- Have knowledge & experience of Agile teachings (Theory of Constraints, Systems thinking, Cynefin framework, Lean start up, Design thinking, Growth hacking) approaches, behaviours and be capable of coaching both teams and the wider organisation to address the agile anti-patterns that may arise through misinterpreting, ignoring or rejecting Lean and Agile values and principles.
- High level understanding of neuroscience and/or cognitive models and their implications on individual or team behaviors when adapting to change or learning new concepts.
- Have a rich set of facilitation, training and coaching tools and models
- Be capable of teaching and coaching the adoption of Agile Delivery Practices such as continuous integration (CI), TDD, BDD, Pairing and DevOps mindset.
- Advanced experience in Jira administration preferred (creating modifying workflows, configuring boards, users, etc)
- Exhibit a deep passion for continuous learning and self improvement. An Agile evangelist, demonstrating thought leadership via written format (blogs) and speaking engagements (internal and external) .
A taste of what to expect as part of the Moonpig team:
We have two awesome homes.
One is our HQ in Clerkenwell - Herbal House - and is a real ‘wow’ moment. It reflects our drive and ambition to make even more moments real for our customers; With loads of natural light, spaces to collaborate that support our ways of working plus great neighbourhood bars & restaurants we’re proud to call it home.
The second is our brand new Tech Hub in Manchester - Spinningfields. We have a private space within the trendy WeWork offices at the highly coveted number 1 Spinningfields. With floor to ceiling windows, a lobby cafe, wellness rooms, spaces to collaborate and a cool vibe make this a great place to work.
We’re open & honest, actively listening to employee feedback to help us in our goal to become an Awesome place to work
Together we have bundles of ambition and actively support each other to hit our goals and drive the business forward
- Regular socials, engagement activities, drinks, treats and plenty more – and you can be as involved in as little or as much as you’d like
- All sorts of Learning & Development support, including a dedicated budget per team.
- Clear and structured career growth/Framework
- Choice of laptop (windows or Mac)
- Supportive of adhoc flexi working and working from home
- 25 day Annual leave (excluding Bank Holidays + 1 day extra for each year of service up to 30 days)
- Private Medical Insurance & Private Dental plan
- Contributory pension scheme
- Family Care & Employee Assistance Program
- Life Assurance that pays out x4 salary
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Interest free travel loan & Cycle2Work scheme
- Generous credit to spend on our products (varies per brand)
- Referral scheme
Who are we?
Moonpig cards have been landing on the doorsteps of UK households for well over fifteen years. From our humble beginnings back in the year 2000, we now have over 5 million regular customers. As well as the cards which made our name, we also sell flowers and a growing range of gifts.
Moonpig is part of the Photobox Group. With brands located in the UK, France, Spain and Germany, the Photobox Group is the largest personalisation business in Europe.
Moonpig’s success is based on writing bespoke software that allows our customers to create uniquely personal products. We were founded on innovation, and it continues to be central to what we do. As our engineering team has expanded we’ve embraced agile ways of working and DevOps practices.
We are highly collaborative, working closely with our product and business partners to deliver value to our customers. Our engineering teams are made up of cross-functional, autonomous engineers that are empowered to design, write, test and deploy their own code. We have a positive working culture that supports learning and a healthy work life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.