Wirex is an exceptionally high growth FinTech startup. With funding to date and another fund raise on the horizon; the business is on the forefront of the industry and looking to close the gap between traditional financial services & FinTech.
Due to International expansion we have opened up offices in Tokyo, Singapore, Atlanta and Toronto. We have employees on the ground in each and are scaling these right now.
We are seeking an AML Compliance Analyst to work as a core member of our World Class Compliance team. This role is to provide assistance to the Compliance department with screening and monitoring and any other requests. To enhance and maintain a robust AML compliance framework, in partnership with relevant stakeholders, to execute the firm’s strategy in accordance with its risk appetite, regulatory expectations and industry best practices.
What you will be doing
- Assist with escalations of Adverse Media, PEPs and Sanctions screening alerts
- Assist with KYC remediation projects
- Undertake ongoing AML monitoring and EDD case review, SoF/SoW documentation
- Undertake investigations for B2C line of business for both fiat and crypto products
- Assist and/or to conduct transaction testing, data validation, and ongoing customization of monitoring systems
- Review and contribute to compliance training materials for staff, as needed
- Participate in meetings with co-workers, individually or in a group, to identify gaps within current practices and regulatory requirements and then rectify the process to assure regulatory compliance
- Provide assistance to the Head of Financial Crime with ongoing projects and any ad hoc requests
- Other duties as assigned
What you need
- 3+ years working in a FinTech environment, ideally in payments and/or crypto space
- 3+ Financial Crime/AML experience
- Strong KYC/AML background and investigations experience
- Working knowledge of compliance regulations
- CAMS, ICA or equivalent certificate is a plus