Who are we?
We are a team on a mission, to put accessible and affordable healthcare in the hands of every person on earth. Our mission is bold and ambitious, and it’s one that’s shared by our team who epitomise our values, to dream big, build fast and be brilliant.
To achieve this, we’ve brought together one of the largest teams of scientists, clinicians, mathematicians and engineers to focus on combining the ever growing computing power of machines, with the best medical expertise of humans, to create a comprehensive, immediate and personalised health service and make it universally available.
babylon was included in WIRED’s 2016 Top 100 Hottest Startups in Europe and CB Insights 2017 Global ‘AI 100’ list. Fortune Magazine included babylon in their 2017 list of ‘50 Companies Leading the AI Revolution’, the only listed company using AI in healthcare delivery.
At babylon our people aren’t just part of a team, they’re part of something bigger. We’re a vibrant community of creative thinkers and doers, forging the way for a new generation of healthcare.
We’re only as good as our people. So finding the best people is everything to us. We serve millions, but we choose our people one at a time…
We are looking for an Application Security Specialist to work with our teams to ensure we are maintaining the security and safety of our application that is consummate with its usage in Healthcare environments. Working with the Development and DevOps teams at Babylon, this role would be the central point to review code and application processes, avoiding issues and meeting best practices such as OWASP. There are IOS/Android Apps, the Website, and numerous APIs to review for security. An ability to research and handle wider security questions around specific deployments and environments would be beneficial as well.
This individual will be expected to be a self-starter who keeps themselves up to date with the latest threats/risks and feedback into babylon with advice and the action that should be taken to combat new threats.
· Act as a Subject Matter Expert for security on an application/development level
· Perform/organise and review Security Penetration Testing, work with external vendors to gain independent verifications.
· Able to assess code and identify weakness in design
· Prioritise issues and engage with Product teams to agree timelines and releases
· Create software security courses and information to assist the Software developers continually improve
· Work with IOS, Android, and API teams to maintain app/device security
· Select tools and suppliers to assist in testing and reviewing security
· Work with the Process teams to ensure detailed compliance documentation and evidence is created for the various certific. ation and regulatory audits
· …. And any other duty reasonably requested by a senior manager.