At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- uSwitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate is changing the mortgage market. We create innovative and personalised products that help you make smarter decisions. We want to empower you to find a house and get a mortgage without talking to an agent or broker.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
An exciting opportunity to join the Finance team at RVU, supporting the uSwitch, Bankrate & Money consumer brands.
Reporting to the RVU Management Accountant, the Assistant Management Accountant will be very much hands on and responsible for ensuring day to day finance operations are carried out on time and line with group controls and policy together with working on month end accounts. The role will work closely with all key stakeholders to ensure the processes are carried out in an accurate and timely manner. Strong attention to detail with good analytical skills will be key for success in the role.
- Preparation of deliverables for the annual and internal audits
- Process and review monthly self-bill sales invoices for Comms & Financial Services and sign off accordingly with management
- Assist in the preparation of payroll files and reports
- Assist in the preparation of VAT returns
- Assist with production of monthly management accounts including timely ledger posting of month end journals
- Assist in the preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, to agreed deadlines with all reconciling items investigated and resolved promptly
- Assist with supplier payment runs
- Assist in credit control, including statement generation and sending
- Involvement in a wide variety of ad hoc analysis, reporting and projects
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA / ACCA or equivalent)
- Strong Excel skills (use of pivot tables and vlookups a minimum)
- Management Accounting experience
- Team player with good interpersonal skills
- Self-starter and works on own initiative
- Strong attention to detail with good analytical skills
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at uSwitch even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding