Colorfy is looking for a driven intermediate Backend Developer (f/m). Your main scope of activity will involve IoT-related, state-of-the-art performance server solutions. You will be a part of the whole process, from concept and development to running the system in the cloud for our international customers.
Colorfy is where design meets IoT hardware and software engineering. We create products and services that have a meaningful impact on the world, and help other businesses launch their ideas in our B2B consultancy. We also help traditionally analog companies take their first steps into IoT, bringing them into the digital economy. To achieve this, you will be closely working together with team members who are working on IoT solutions, Blockchain data stores and machine learning systems.
As colorfy’s backend developer, you will be:
- Defining architectures for cloud based and/or serverless systems.
- Writing reusable, testable and efficient code.
- Defining continuous integration processes.
- Collaborating harmoniously with the teams who will be implementing your APIs.
- Recording and documenting concepts, code and deployment systems.
- Working on creative prototype solutions for rapid feasibility tests.
- Evaluating new technologies for potential use in future projects.
- Troubleshooting and debugging running systems.
- Proficient programming skills in Node.js or other backend languages.
- An extensive understanding of asynchronous programming and scalable, stateless services.
- Able to create database schemas while bearing business needs in mind.
- Great communication skills, we like articulate people.
- An openness and curiosity for new technologies, as well as alternative methodologies.
- An ability and eagerness to maintain open, professional communication with clients. This is how we create the best products for them.
- A practical, focused and solution-oriented approach to work.
- The ability to take responsibility and work independently.
- Experience with front-end development is a plus.
- Experience with blockchain, machine learning and/or IoT is also a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- 2-5 years of in-depth knowledge and experience as a Backend Developer
- Fluent in English, German is a plus
WHAT DOES COLORFY OFFER YOU?
- Compelling projects with other startups, multinational corporate clients, and everything in between.
- You work with a highly motivated and skilled team from all over the world in a very friendly work atmosphere
- 5 weeks paid vacation
- Stock options
- Free BVG (public transport) monthly pass
- Yearly professional development budget – supplement your education on us!
- Keeping you fuelled with fresh fruits, coffee and snacks
- Modern office located in the heart of Berlin (Mitte)
- No boredom! Colorfy offers challenges and development every day
- A position that offers you tangible impact on the company’s success with a high level of personal responsibility from day one
- You will have an exciting front-row perspective on the development of global new generation IoT solutions with a steep learning curve
In summary, we are looking for someone who is a team player and aspires to high quality work and strives to learn and share their knowledge with their colleagues. If the above sounds like you, and you want to be a part of our amazing team, let’s chat. Show us your GitHub profile or Apps, if available.