About the Role
We are seeking a BI Analyst / Developer to join the growing data team and report directly to the Head of BI. The candidate will be actively involved in end-to-end designing and implementing Data Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions using tools such as Looker, dbt, and AWS.
You’ll spend your time:
- Working closely with senior stakeholders in the business to elicit, understand, and challenge user requirements around our data and data governance processes
- Working closely with technical teams to determine the right data structure to fulfil the business’s requirements
- Leading user training sessions
- Facilitating the use of data on an on-going basis to fulfil users’ reporting, monitoring, and self-serve data exploration requirements
- Building various dashboards, advising teams on metrics and best practice, and conducting research where necessary
- Stay up to date with the latest data/BI technologies and techniques, and advising how they can be utilised throughout the range of potential use cases
You will develop a deep understanding of the driving factors of our business, be the go-to person for all things business intelligence, and work with multiple areas of the business to strengthen our culture of data-driven decision-making.
You should apply if you:
- are excited about using your analysis skills to help steer a fast-growing company to success & have an impact
- are data-driven with the desire to learn and develop new skills/analytics techniques
- can work in an extremely fast-paced start-up environment
- have proven work experience (1-2 years) working with large data sets using SQL or a similar scripting languages
- can manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
At Growth Street, we’re passionate about understanding growing businesses and helping them succeed. Were using technology to modernise the business loans sector.
We offer an innovative product that matches a wide range of investors’ funds with the working capital needs of ambitious businesses. Our marketplace offers borrowers lines of credit from £25k up to £2m. Our product is similar to a traditional bank overdraft but gives customers a smoother, faster, and more flexible experience.
Growth Street was founded in 2014 and were a growing company of 70 people. We were founded by a team of long-time entrepreneurs with decades of experience building household-name brands and industry-leading businesses, and helping businesses grow is at the core of what we do.
Whether we’re speaking to customers or to each other, we try at all times to live by our core values:
- Be curious – we’re eager to learn, share and use knowledge to positively impact our customers: that’s why we ask everyone to be curious.
- Be in sync – when we bring our skills and talent together we are at our best. That’s why we are always working to be in sync.
- Beat expectations – at Growth Street, we work for our customers. We’re dedicated to thinking about what customers need now and in the future, and we go out of our way to beat expectations.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity organisation that embraces a diverse and inclusive working culture.
What we would like you to have:
- Demonstrable ability to translate business problems into SQL queries and experience using BI visualisation tools, preferably Looker
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Project management skills and experience managing multiple priorities and deadlines
- Ability to take ownership of an issue until it is solved
- Excellent communication skills, ability to interact with a range of stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to take initiative and find creative and effective ways to get things done
- University graduate with a degree in a highly numerate discipline (Maths, Economics, Physics, etc.)
You will stand out as a candidate if you have:
- experience using dbt
- a background working in finance or fintech companies
- experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Java, Pearl, etc.)
- experience developing statistical models and/or scorecard development
- knowledge of AWS or Redshift
- experience of data warehouse design methodologies (Kimball, Inmon etc)
- Salary: £35-40k, depending on experience
- Employer pension contributions of 5% of your base salary
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Training, equipment and IT budget
- The tools you require to get the job done
- A strong and clear company culture focused on growth
- Participation in an employee equity scheme
- 25 days of holiday, plus bank holidays
- Free access to bike storage, showers, and changing facilities
- Free breakfast & fruit
- Budget for books, weekly lunch & learns, a busy social calendar, and more.
The role is based in our London office. We are located 2 minutes from Aldgate station, and just over 5 minutes from Liverpool Street station.