From ensuring that we run well-operating bootnodes using our software (and thus eating our own dog food to some extent), to monitoring the network and responding to emergency releases, there is a vast amount of work involved in running blockchain infrastructure, the goal of the launch ops team is to collect requirements, establish a plan and execute it to make sure that the part of the network that runs our software runs as well as it possibly can.
A significant task of the blockchain ops team is to set up the staking and validating operations for Parity Technologies. This is a complex problem with a lot of value at stake. Running a robust infrastructure that is easy to monitor and resilient to attack is difficult and needs a lot of attention.
- Experience in setting up, running and automation of infrastructure at all layers of the stack.
- Understanding of what a blockchain is and how to deploy a blockchain network
- On call experience with the mindset of site reliability, including incident response and postmortem analysis
- Exceptional knowledge of Linux, including virtualisation and security aspects
- Experience with Kubernetes and common stacks in use with it (ELK, prometheus / alertmanager, grafana)
- Experience with configuration management tools (e.g. Ansible, Terraform, Vagrant)
- Knowledge of at least one programming language
- Working at Parity means focusing on the stuff that counts: building of the most cutting-edge technology for the future web. Our teams enjoy a high degree of trust, freedom and autonomy to achieve that goal
- Because we value initiative and learning, weve defined a generous personal budget to attend conferences or skills courses of your own choosing. We think you know whats best for you!
- Parity is a diverse company with people from various countries and we will support you with German or English language courses where needed
- Not all of us who collaborate work in the same place. Bringing the team together is something we value a lot, so we regularly go on team retreats