SumUp’s vision is to become a first global card acceptance brand by redefining the industry standards through constant technology driven innovation. While Payments landscape is undergoing rapid change driven by innovation on technological regulatory side and payments remain very local, one size does not fit all and a perfect payment product is a moving target. We are looking for a self-driven personality who shares our vision to help us build payments infrastructure ground up.
We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
- You will work hand in hand with the VP of Business Development on a range of different projects in3 main areas: optimizing cross-functional processes, growing the partnership business and exploring new revenue opportunities; both geographical and product developments.
- Optimizing cross-functional processes: as our organization grows, the business development and partnerships team needs more formal structures in place to handle the increasing complexity associated with it. Your role will involve identifying challenges resulting from our growth together with the VP, come up with solution and independently implement these solutions throughout the organization. You will be the focal point between the Business Development team and other departments such as Risk, Operations, Business Intelligence, Logistics and Product.
- Growing the partnership business: Our team of business development and channel managers is ever expanding. This creates structural challenges involving communication flow, compensation and more complex partnerships. You will help the VP to tackle such challenges, which may involve setting up a new commission plan, mapping the product requirements for a new Omnichannel partner, organizing a team off site with relevant training content or setting up a new recruitment process for our team.
- Exploring new revenue opportunities: As we push forward with our vision of becoming the World’s first card acceptance brand, many exciting revenue opportunities keep emerging. It may be a new product requested by a large global eCommerce provider, a large bank in a new market exploring the idea of a JV to bring SumUp to its market or a partnership opportunity with a card scheme exploring an interesting marketing campaign. You will work with the VP to prioritize such opportunities, model the business case, create presentations to internal and external stakeholders, and see through such opportunities to implementation.
- After 2 years in the Consultant role, you may take on various positions in the company within the Product, Technology or Business domains if you’d wish to specialise in a specific area on the company
- Business or technical educational background // minimum Bachelor degree
- 2-4 years management consulting or investment banking experience - ideally some experience in the payments industry - we do equally value fast learners!
- You have strong Critical/Analytical thinking as well as communication skills;
- You are independent and use hands-on approach for problem solving;
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills; as part of the selection process, you will be required to use both
- Desire to learn about the payments industry;
- Excellent language skills (verbally and written) in English (other languages are a plus);
- Start-ups thrill you! You’re able to identify yourself with them and you know what awaits you when working for one. Start-up experience a definite plus.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.