Job Title: Business Operations Manager
Salary range: £25k - £35k
Reporting to the COO
London Office: Aldgate Tower, 2 Leman St, E1 8FA
No. More. Paper. Receipts!
At Flux, we think its insane that paper receipts still exist when the rest of the payment process is digital.
We are a Series A start up that digitises receipts to build the worlds first API to make receipt data standardised and accessible. Why do we care so much about receipt data? It is used everywhere in daily life from expenses to loyalty, budgeting to nutritional tracking - the list goes on! All of these experiences have manual input or use broken systems. Despite how much receipt data is used no one has built a platform to make this data available. Flux is that platform. Our mission is to liberate the world’s receipt data because by doing this we can enrich trillions of experiences globally.
We are looking for an energetic individual to come and support us in a wide array of activities to support the day to day running of an exciting Fintech start up. You will get the opportunity to wear many hats in this role and to explore the many facets of the business. In this role, we are hoping for someone with a creative flair to turn small tasks into the highlight of peoples experience of Flux. For us, an ideal candidate is someone who is excited by the Fintech industry and what Flux are doing, with a drive to move into one of the various business areas.
What you will be doing
Initially, we are looking for someone to own these tasks to give Flux employees a seamless and delightful experience.
Office and facilities management
- Co-ordinate the office refurb, liaising with the designer and suppliers to ensure everything runs smoothly
- Reception duties, registering and greeting visitors, and scheduling appointments
- Ensuring the office is fully stocked with supplies, including groceries, stationary, and IT equipment. You will be given autonomy and budget to run with this.
- Take care of plants, a core part of Flux office
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services, and the Huddle team
- Managing post and deliveries
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
Hospitality and Events
- Organising weekly team lunch on Tuesdays
- Create and own the Flux events calendar, ensuring the team’s aware of the different events going on and there’s adequate staff attendance and promotion
- Help to plan and run ad hoc events
- Plan and run monthly team building activities, such as dinners, away days, etc.
- Provide administrative support to the team, including taking meeting minutes, organising catering and preparing meeting rooms for external meetings where applicable
- Ensure that all items are invoiced and paid on time and budgets are kept up to date
- Ensure Pleo cards are kept topped up and receipts are recorded for all purchases
- VAT reconciliation with the accountants
- Assisting the team with budgets
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers
- Partner with HR to update and maintain office policies as necessary
- Coordinate keeping health and safety as well as fire regulations up to date with the COO within the office, ensuring all policies and procedures are in place
- Assisting the team with any ad-hoc duties or stepping in while team members are on leave
- On-boarding new employees, including organising building access, equipment, and orientation
In the longer term, you will have the opportunity to define and grow your role. We will closely work with you to ensure that you are growing your career in a direction that matches your personal goals. The world really is your oyster!
At Flux, we walk the walk when it comes to collaboration, transparency and respect. Our Monday morning meetings are an opportunity for the entire team to share the latest from their areas. You will be collaborating with every part of the business; Engineering, Data Science and Founders to build incredible products.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- You are a friendly people person with a passion for building great relationships and a positive culture
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Familiarity using spreadsheets and G suite
- Passionate or at a minimum very curious about the Flux mission
- Permission to work in the UK (unfortunately we will not be able to provide Visa sponsorship for this role)
- Experience working for a high growth tech start-up
- £25k - £35k base
- Generous holiday allowance (28 days) - we encourage everyone to use their allowance!
- Join the Flux Club! £100/month spending money at Flux Retailers (EAT. pod, itsu, Pure, KFC)
- Company pension scheme
- Weekly team lunches
- Annual company trip
- Work from home Fridays
- Central London location in Aldgate East
- Unlimited artisan coffee
- Fresh fruits, nuts, beers and other snacks provided