Weengs in a nutshell
We bring the best of ecommerce logistics to small businesses so they compete with the big boys without the big overheads.
Were the definition of a fast-growing early-stage startup. We started 3 years ago as two guys in a flat, shipped 6,000 boxes without getting kicked out, running operations during day and coding at night. Weve since raised a big seed round from top-tier investors and moved to a funky warehouse. Next stop? The world (via series A of course).
Here’s what bugs us
Small businesses bring great products to the market which sell fast. That’s awesome. But they struggle to scale their operations to keep up with order fulfilment which puts a cap on their growth. That sucks.
We’ve built a service that lets independent retailers do what they do best - sell. This way, they don’t have to worry about orders getting to their customers and can just focus on growing their business.
We need the best talent out there. Is it you?
With an over 800% growth in the last year - were changing things fast.
We are a young and easygoing, no-nonsense company, with a team of over 50 very diverse (some a bit crazy) ladies and gents from all over the world, backed by some top European VC and we are looking for new people to join this exciting adventure.
If this sounds like an exciting challenge, you should read on...
We are looking for a relentless leader with operations experience, committed to successfully scaling Weengs in the crucial years ahead and keep Weengs an amazing environment to work in.
Here are the key areas that you will lead as a COO:
- Organisation and management of operations team (today about 30 ppl and growing fast)
- Design and implementation of the operations roadmap and blueprint to ensure the full scaling while reaching the operational performance target (e.g., items per hour collected, packed, error ratio,...). More specifically in this area the COO will lead the:
- Warehouse management (layout, workflow, automation, suppliers strategy, packers performance management)
- Collection fleet management (route optimisation, vehicle strategy, drivers performance management,...)
- Planning and execution of carriers strategy to achieve optimal integration with carriers for last mile delivery, delivering expected financial performances
- Proven successful leadership: you have extensive experience in building and leading successfully large teams (at least 30 people) and you are excited to lead your talented team of people to the next level
- Great problem solver: tackling complex & intricate issues with multiple stakeholders excites you
- Experience in operations: you are very familiar and passionate about operations (e.g.,workflow design, logistics, supply chain,...). If Lean Six Sigma doesnt ring any bell you want to look for something else...
- Hungry: you cant wait to take on a new challenge and you have a track record of being result oriented
- Eager to work in a fast-paced startup environment: you are ready to bring your Ops rigour but comfortable in dealing with changes that are intrinsics to the current business stage
- An engineering or highly analytical degree is a big plus
- And finally...you have a good sense of humour. We work very hard but dont always take ourselves too seriously...
- Competitive compensation package
- Stock options
- Feel part of something great: were a company with an ambitious vision, we know where were headed & why
- Enjoy coming to work: your colleagues will be an amazing team of smart, talented and engaged people
- All the usual gigs, food & drinks perks that come with being part of a startup
- Flexible working
Sound like the perfect fit? Apply below.