We’re looking for a strong, commercial-driven personality, who will directly report to the Head of Commercial Finance, to join our existing team
You’ll take ownership for the financial support and supervision of a portfolio of our international markets
- by becoming a well-respected sparring partner for the management in the markets, consulting them on what’s driving the business and what levers to pull to increase performance
- by closely working with functional teams in the markets to understand specific challenges and engage in the process of developing solutions
- by calculating projections for the return of investments in the markets as well as analyzing the achieved results and draw learnings from them
- by executing weekly and monthly performance checks and forecasts
- by overseeing the P&L and cashflow to optimize cost base and coordinate funding needs
You’ll be responsible for the budgeting process
- by owning the roadmap of steps and timelines, rolled out across all relevant stakeholders (in the markets and in the headquarter) and aligned with the group management
- by providing the relevant tools and templates
- by actively supporting the markets throughout the process, especially your own country portfolio
- by consolidating the corresponding financial information, analyzing the results and drawing recommendations for the management team
You’ll take an active role in shaping the positioning of the Commercial Finance team within the organization
- by participating in and maintaining the strong network to other functions within the headquarter and within the local markets
- by taking part in further development of our existing tool kit for steering the business
- by taking ownership for individual projects with internal stakeholders
- You’ve outstanding records of academic achievement in either the fields of Economics or any other field of academia + a corresponding advanced financial education
- You’ve > 5 years of professional experience in the fields of Consulting, Investment Banking. Private Equity or Controlling
- Having additional experience from working in a fast-moving startup culture is a plus
- During that time, you achieved a proven track record of driving business performance through executing your commercial mindset
- You’ve an intuitive understanding of what drives a business model in a given market –and the ability to validate this using commercial data
- You’re exceptionally well organized and capable of leading (multiple) processes in a structured way, regardless deadlines or pressure
- You’re adapting quickly to new situations and bring natural curiosity to understand market specific challenges and potential solutions
- You’re able to communicate complex ideas effectively in English; additional language skills are a plus
- You’re a team player who brings experience from working in cross-cultural / international teams
Design the future of mobility with us!
mytaxi was founded in June 2009 and was the world’s first taxi app that established a direct connection between a passenger and a taxi driver. With more than 10 million passengers and 100,000 drivers, mytaxi is the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe.
Since September 2014, mytaxi has been part of Daimler Mobility Services GmbH (part of the Daimler Group). In July 2016, mytaxi announced a merger with Hailo, the leading taxi app in the UK and Ireland, an important step in becoming the leading taxi e-hailing app in Europe. Mytaxi works with more than 500 employees in 26 European offices and is available in more than 150 European cities. Eckart Diepenhorst is acting CEO of mytaxi. More information is available at: www.mytaxi.com
Join a fun, global team of top engineers and seasoned entrepreneurs for the challenge of a lifetime. We strive to be passionate yet practical, driven but focused and visionary but humble. Our employees are routinely challenged to solve large-scale, highly complex technical problems. As a new "family member" you will be stretched, but will learn best practice at scale in our creative and fun environment!
What can we offer you?
- The chance to bring in your own ideas
- A strong team spirit
- A monthly mobility allowance for free taxi rides
- Have your birthday off!
- ...and all the usual start-up goodies like fruit, unlimited soft drinks, after-work beers and many more
Oh, and the opportunity to work with the best team in the world (we know, everybody says so, but at mytaxi it’s true)!