… about Maschinenraum
We are building a unique network and innovation campus dedicated to deep tech and transformation of the German industry. Initiated by the family-run Viessmann Group, our membership-based community brings together Mittelstand companies from across the country, and international startups working on tech-driven innovations and looking for industry connections. Our 4,500sqm facilities will open doors end of 2018 in Prenzlauer Berg.
Currently in our ramp-up phase, we are looking for a creative and enthusiastic Communications Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for shaping and executing our communications strategy, and ensure consistency of our messaging across all our communication channels.
… your responsibilities
- Design our communications and brand strategy in a way that reflects our purpose and values
- Execute on this strategy, by creating and producing content for our external and internal communication channels, including our website, social media, newsletter, members platform, presentation decks, and press releases
- Ensure consistency of our messaging across all our materials and activities
- Identify interesting ways to leverage our activities (e.g. events) to create compelling, quality content (on- or offline)
- Coordinate projects with partners, e.g. freelance designers & copywriters, or with your counterparts within the Viessmann Group
- Monitor, report on, and suggest ways to optimize your projects and activities
… the person we are looking for
- 2+ years of professional experience in communications or another relevant field, e.g. PR, marketing, copywriting
- Proven experience in managing social media channels/ CMS/ website
- Excellent communications skills are obviously a must, with external parties but also within your team
- Autonomous and organised, you can work on long term strategies as well as hands-on, operational tasks
- Flawless German & English
- Certainly not a dealbreaker, but big plus if you are familiar with design softwares
- You are passionate about new technologies and how they impact our world
… what we have to offer
- A very unique company setup: we operate with the agility and culture of a startup, while being part of a 12,000-people strong family-run business. We are at the epicenter of the transformation of a Mittelstand company, and benefit from the support and expertise of our many colleagues.
- We care about our team culture, a lot. We believe in reaching goals by creating a positive, people-oriented work environment.
- A lot of room for growth - for real. As one of our first hires, you will have the chance shape our growth and how our story is told, as well as your own personal development. This will be a journey for you to continuously gain skills and responsibilities as we open and scale.
- Office based in Mitte (Rosenthaler-Platz), until opening of our facilities in Prenzlauer Berg.
- An opportunity to work at the heart of the Berlin tech scene, grow your personal network at lightspeed, learn an awful lot - and most importantly, strive to make a positive impact on society through your work.
… up for a challenge?
- You are welcome to apply in English via the form below. In the "Cover Letter" field, please include a short answer (2-3 sentences max) to the following two questions:
- What disruptive technology are you - personally - particularly excited about and why?
- What organisation (company, agency, VC...) do you think is doing a stellar job at building their brand and why?
- We are looking forward to getting to know you!