We’re looking for a motivated, personable and dedicated Community Manager to help us build impactful relationships with influencers across the world.
This is a brand new function for Mrs Wordsmith and we’re looking for superstars that can hit the ground running and help us plan, execute and scale up our influencer and content strategy in the UK and US.
You would report to the Head of Growth and partner closely with the other teams in the company.
About the role
- Be our voice on teacher centric platforms, getting to know the communities and thought-leaders. Example platforms:
- Teachers Pay Teachers
- Other identified communities
- Turn these relationships into long-term, reciprocal relationships based on a love of teaching and language
- Find and source high quality guest writers for the Mrs Wordsmith magazine. We want to create a programme of writers that can turn our editorial topics into pithy, well-written thought pieces that drive our content engine
- Spread the Mrs Wordsmith word across twitter and relevant communities in the US by seeding our content, providing thought-leadership and being active where our audience are
- Have a discerning eye for relevant topics, and help drive our editorial machine by giving it ideas to reach the audiences you engage with
- Happy organising events (online and offline) with detailed planning and detailed execution
- Share insights across the product and commercial teams, helping drive our company growth
- An understanding of business objectives and a constant focus on tracking, reporting and iterating
- Flawless english - we’re an education company, words and grammar matter to us. So there’s a deliberate mistake in this overview. Please let us know what it is when you apply
- 1-2 years previous experience growing guest writer or influencer communities
- Proficiency in social listening tools (Radian6, Meltwater etc.)
- Fastidious attention to detail and tracking your relationships
- An editorial eye, capable of spotting great writing talent and getting them on board the Mrs Wordsmith mission
- An outgoing personality and natural charmer. Whether its online or offline, you make relationships last and you turn a detractor into an evangelist every time.
- Experience with social media tools database platforms / ways to organise your network effectively
- It would be great if you have a US or UK education background but don’t worry if you don’t
Whats in for you?
- Influence, trust and impact inside a well funded startup thats scaling
- Work alongside other talented and friendly team members who are keen to learn and grow
- Competitive salary and meaningful stock options
- High impact role where you’ll have the autonomy to develop our platform quickly…
- ...and make a meaningful contribution to millions of lives
Sketches of life at Mrs Wordsmith
- We love characters. Animated ones and the real ones in our office.
- Bringing a word to life is an amazing process that involves linguists, creatives, writers and technologists.
- Sometimes words fail us and we just jam to music and solve complex problems around how words are connected to the world.
- We love reimagining the dictionary. Its a utility. It needs some love and creativity. Come and help us transform it into something you cant stop using.
Closing date: 31st March 2018
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.