Who are Quill?
If you ask Deloitte Fast 50 or Santander Breakthrough50, they’d say we’re one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive businesses. If you ask our team, they’d say we’re a no-politics, people-first company where exceptionally smart individuals get the chance to have their voice heard and potential fulfilled (then pushed that extra bit more).
And if you ask our clients, they’d say we’re the content production partner they rely on to rapidly create high-quality editorial, video and images to drive online sales. To date, we’ve produced over 40 million words of on-brand content – in 29 languages and counting – for 170+ of the world’s most prestigious brands, including eBay, Farfetch and Google.
We do that through a combination of our unique methodology, our global network of ~2500 screened freelance creatives and Quill Cloud, our content production management tool.
What does being a Community Manager at Quill involve?
In this brand new position, you’ll take a leading role in managing and engaging our global Network of 2,500+ creative and editorial freelancers. You’ll take ownership of innovating and implementing exciting Network-wide programmes, designed to make Quill the company freelancers want to work with. You’ll be responsible for proactively solving Network-focused problems, from individual issues to process flaws, and will set the standard for excellence in communication, both on a one-to-one basis when responding to queries and to the entire Network when launching new initiatives for them to take part in.
These are the skills you’ll need for the job:
- Change management skills: can plan and execute the successful implementation of large-scale changes that affect both in-house and remote teams
- Leadership: can motivate in-house and freelance colleagues to support on and participate in Network-focused initiatives
- Business nous and strategic thinking: can balance understanding of the needs of different elements of the business and develop and execute engagement strategies in line with these needs
- Analytic ability and enthusiasm for problem solving: can proactively and consistently analyse ways of working and embrace the opportunity to continually make things better
- Empathy paired with pragmatism: can instinctively empathise with others and balance the drive to help with a pragmatic assessment of the circumstances and the needs of all of your stakeholders
- Excellent one-to-one communication skills: can take active steps to understand the root of queries or issues and select the appropriate format for their expertly crafted comms – whether one-to-one or at a group level
And here’s the experience you need:
- You must have experience of developing an idea from initial concept to successful roll-out, including planning the project, getting buy-in from key stakeholders and managing the implementation process and the associated communications
- You must have experience of managing a large team or community, ideally with a number of remote individuals, and motivating them to deliver excellent results
- You must have a wealth of experience in handling tricky and sensitive communications – both one-to-one, and at a higher level
Why should I join Quill?
Like most startups, we talk a lot about our culture. But for us, culture isn’t just words on a wall. It’s part of our recruitment process, our personal development plans and our day-to-day.
If any of this sounds like you, you’re looking for a spot on the right team:
- Your integrity isn’t for sale. You’re a what you see is what you get type of person who’s honest about their strengths and development areas.
- You don’t settle for second best. It really, really matters to you that everything you do is excellent. And you don’t shy away from empowering your colleagues to share those standards.
- 10 minutes with nothing to do feels like an hour for you. You’re smart, energetic and driven, so you’re at your best when everything’s a little hectic.
- You don’t like going through the motions or blindly following instructions. You leap into complex situations that don’t have an easy answer and relish the challenge of coming up with one.
- The idea of a fixed ‘remit’ doesn’t appeal to you. Neither does waiting three years to get a promotion you earned two years ago. You think and act beyond your role.
- You’re a fundamentally kind, respectful person, searching for a place filled with similarly kind, respectful people.
What are the benefits?
On top of joining the Quill family and all the benefits that come with that, you’ll also get:
- 25 holiday days per year plus UK bank holidays
- A contributory pension
- Our Summer Away Day (no stuffy meeting rooms in sight)
- Monthly socials and lunches/breakfasts
- Fortnightly Inspire Lunches – past lunches have included how the CEO manages his wellbeing, what today’s most disruptive businesses have in common and a crash course in Russian
- A significant amount of time, expertise and attention put into your personal development, plus an unusually broad scope for rapid career progression
Quill is an equal opportunities employer.