We are the leading mobile point-of-sale (mPOS) company in Europe. We started out 5 years ago and built our payment service from scratch to shake up the industry and wake up the entrepreneur within anyone. We created a unique device that with the smartphone that’s in your pocket, allows small merchants to accept card payments anywhere. Whether our merchants are brewing coffee or fixing cars, we want to make technology that everyone knows how to use. So our merchants can get on with what they do best. From our paperless onboarding to taking the first payment, we make it easy. Traditional offerings leave out small businesses, we don’t. We are open and honest about our pricing and have no hidden fees.
Today, hundreds of thousands of small businesses in 16 countries around the world rely on SumUp to get paid. In addition to our original hardware, mobile and web apps we have gone on to develop a suite of APIs and SDKs to integrate SumUp payment into other apps and services.
Why work for us?
We do things differently. We build our own payment solution end-to-end so that we can always offer the best value & service. We know how vital payment is to small business, so we use our technology to solve their problems. We believe in open and transparent communication, not strict rules and hierarchies. If you’re looking for the chance to innovate, and disrupt the payment industry – join us. We are a team of hardworking, talented people with one goal: to build a better way to get paid. We’ve got some huge challenges ahead of us, and we need smart, creative people to help us tackle them. If you think you’ve got what it takes - join us.
- Take charge of all written and illustrated content throughout all existing or new communication channels (Website, email, Support-Center) regarding our Point of Sale Register product.
- Conceptualize and implement a product-related tone of voice that is in line with the overall brand strategy.
- Conceptualize and prepare communication campaigns in order to support our customer acquisition strategy in close coordination with the product-related CRM Manager.
- Create and keep an inventory of all existing content, ensure its quality, performance and up-to-dateness over time and create a glossary of all specific and relevant terms.
- Manage translations into all product-languages in close coordination with internal and external translators.
- You have a university degree in a relevant field such as Marketing, Journalism or Liberal Arts.
- You are a master in the use of the German language, both orally and in written form. You’re also fluent in English. Skills in French are a plus, but not a requirement.
- You are creative and have great writing skills for different kinds of content. You believe that words matter.
- You are typically the person to whom your friends or colleagues show important messages in order to improve or proofread them.
- You’re self-organized, you prioritize your tasks and know that the most important step in getting things done is getting started.
- You have basic knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Flat hierarchies and the opportunity to have an impact, irrespective of your job description.
- Convenient location in the heart of Mitte at U-Bahn Oranienburger Tor.
- All the startup swag you expect: kicker table, table tennis, beer in the fridge, and more!
- Our office has a strong sense of community; we get together regularly for brunches, cocktail nights, soccer, and yoga.
- Our team comes from 24 different countries creating a fun, international environment.