Founders Pledge was created with a simple aspiration - we wanted to empower tech leaders to give now, not later.
We approached this mission with a deep understanding of the sector – Founders Pledge was built by founders, for founders and launched out of Founders Forum, Europes foremost network of digital and technology entrepreneurs.
Were empowering founders and investors to add value to their companies as well as the causes they love, without sacrificing one for the other. Together, we’re making a real difference in the tech world and in the global community.
We are building the worlds foremost community of entrepreneurs committed to doing immense good with their resources in tangible and quantifiable ways. Were working toward a world in which the value created by technology benefits those who need it most. Practically, this means we are one of the leading voices in the tech community on how to do good; were deploying multi-millions per year to high impact social causes; and were creating a new norm for what success really means.
We are looking for a COO to join our leadership team and help us build our organisation from 25 to 75+. We are looking for someone who has first-hand leadership experience in scaling an organisation, whilst avoiding the pitfalls of doing so. This person will have an interest in a purposeful environment and will find value in contributing to an organisation that is working to deliver social impact at scale.
- Lead in the execution of vision and strategy: company building, operations & finance
- Lead OKRs to measure and evaluates progress against goals
- Determine and create structures that allow the company to perform best on OKRs
- Establish policies that promote a positive, proactive, winning, data-led culture within the team
- Put in place a set of policies, structures, and goals that maximise the company’s performance across KPIs
- Maintain quality and values as the organisation scales
- Plan resources to maximise community/growth (sales) pipeline and maintain excellent delivery to end users
- Championing best practice and discipline across the company’s functions.
- Working with the Financial Controller to determine what Financial Reports allow the company to best make strategic decisions
- Constantly identify and recruit top talent to the team with the aim of the growing the company from 25 to 50 staff by mid-2019
- Optimise and manage structures to retain and develop staff
- At least 6 years management experience in a high-growth technology start-up
- Track record of achievement of operational OKRs/KPIs through relentless data-led focus and execution
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Exceptional emotional intelligence and communication skills
- Natural leader who gets the best out of people and who is passionate about finding and motivating exceptional talent
- Excellent academics and comfortable analysing operational and financial metrics
- Ambitious, high impact player with an entrepreneurial “get things done” attitude and start-up work ethic
- Persistence in holding internal and external stakeholders to account under deadline, whilst establishing and maintaining strong relationships
- Outstanding process-oriented manager who creates systems and structure
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time.