What’s the Job?
This is the perfect opportunity for any copywriter with a year or two’s experience to evolve and master their writing skills. This is a hands-on, fast-paced role working alongside a bunch of talented designers, creative developers, marketers, commercial and product teams. Your role touches all parts of the brand and therefore the business. You must be agile and collaborative, and like working on multiple projects at any one time, often with tight deadlines. You will have a close attention to detail, a creative spirit, an appetite for healthy debate and a great team working ethic.
What will you do?
- Developing the stories, language and tone of winning advertising and content marketing campaigns, which meet our brand and tone of voice guidelines.
- Crafting first-class copy ranging from headlines and straplines to long-form insight pieces and advice for our customer segments. There’ll be a few award entries along the way too.
- Writing in a way that differentiates our brand in the category, making confusing stuff easy to understand.
- Creating short UX copy for best in class in-product customer experience.
- Reporting to and working closely with the senior copywriter and assisting with the development and management of tone of voice guidelines and comms planning
- Working with designers to create effective campaigns, having a view on marketing strategy and being the voice of the customer.
- A passion for writing. You live to write, whether its a Facebook status update or full website copy, and your portfolio is bursting with great ideas
- Experience working as a copywriter or junior copywriter for a brand, publisher or agency and a proven ability to create compelling communications
- A 2:1 (or better) degree and/or a qualification in copywriting or journalism
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to different writing styles (i.e. short and long form copy, direct response or customer engagement copy)
- 2+ years’ experience of delivering razor-sharp copy across all channels within a customer focussed organisation.
- Creative thinking, adaptable to writing for different audiences across different channels.
- Youre a positive, creative and confident communicator who is as comfortable working as part of a creative team as you are on your own.
- You’re happiest when taking high-level concepts, helping formulate a clear brief, breaking it down to its individual components and bringing each of them to life for the consumer.
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary, appropriate to your experience
- On-target bonus scheme
- 33 days’ holiday a year (including UK bank hols)
- 2 CEO-discretionary days off at Christmas (paid)
- Option to purchase additional holiday
- 2 days off per year (paid) for charity volunteering
- Access to healthy training budgets
- A regular Company social calendar throughout the year, including 2 big annual events
- Quarterly team socials
- Flexible working hours
- Health insurance and rewards scheme with Vitality
- Perkbox membership
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Free breakfast on Thursdays
- A well-stocked fridge, plus free fruit, biscuits, bagels, tea, coffee, squash, and more
- Football, badminton, and video games at lunchtimes
- Beers, wine, music, and table tennis on Friday afternoons
A bit about us
- We have the energy and enthusiasm of a start-up coupled with the stability and resources of an established business.
- We seek bright like-minded people who can make things change.
- FinTech scale-up based near Old Street’s Silicon Roundabout, positioned between Shoreditch’s cutting-edge start-ups and the City’s forward-looking financial institutions
- Champions of fairer and better consumer credit since 2007, driven by technology
- Soft searching and eligibility scoring pioneers, to help reduce customers’ risk of being rejected for credit
- Redefining how lenders help meet their customers’ needs
- Winners of Best Company To Work For at 2018’s Credit Awards
- 3 Star Best Companies accreditation for ‘extraordinary’ levels of staff engagement
- Number 52 in the Sunday Times Best 100 Small Companies to Work For 2019
- Twice winners of Best Free Credit Report Provider at the 2019 and 2018 Moneynet Personal Finance Awards
- Highest rated Free Credit Report service on Trustpilot
- Champions of diversity — of both people and ideas
- Signatories of the HM Treasury Women in Finance Charter
- A team of almost 70 staff — and growing rapidly