Deliveroo is on a mission to transform the way the world thinks about food delivery. It’s not a chow mein market and a night on the sofa anymore, it’s your favourite local restaurant, it’s a dinner party, a date.
We’re five years in, and along the way our team have taken hundreds of ideas from brainstorms to global rollouts, like Deliveroo Editions bespoke kitchens designed to host a locally curated selection of restaurants. Editions are our solution to ensuring that our customers have access to the best of the food scene, no matter where they live.
And that’s just what we’re like at Deliveroo, no compromise allowed and lots of food inspired challenges to get your teeth into. Out of the box thinking is actively encouraged and we move quickly to make great ideas happen. We’re energetic, fast-paced and blow off steam with free for all Friday lunches.
It’s a formula that’s working too we’re bringing great food to customers in 12 countries and over 200 cities.
- Corporate acquisition: You’ll be responsible for the prospecting, pitching and, with the help of our expert Business Development Managers (BDMs), closing new corporations for Deliveroo for Business (https://deliveroo.co.uk/business/about). This is an inside sales opportunity, so you’ll be comfortable with ambitious activity targets for cold calls, emails and social media.
- Own your pipeline: Take control over your own pipeline and use your organisation skills to manage your portfolio of leads and ensure strong conversion rates.
- Process Strategy: Iterate with our sales processes to make our inside sales unit the fastest-moving and biggest impact team within Deliveroo.
- Commercial Initiatives: Assist our wider commercial team with ad-hoc strategic initiatives like field pitch days, food drop-offs, and cross-functional projects.
The right candidate will be hungry, ambitious and motivated to work within a fast moving environment. As a guide, the ideal person will possess the following
(Remember, this is just a guide, and if you see something you can’t tick off… good, you can learn here)
- A degree (this is a great role for recent grads with an entrepreneurial mindset)
- Experience within a fast moving sales environment, and if not;
- Experience and confidence pitching things you’re passionate about (in your first week, we’ll test your metal by seeing how you fare pitching Deliveroo to the guys that started it)
- Phone-based experience is a big plus
- Ability to take ownership and work within demanding targets
- An interest in all things food and restaurants. Deliveroo is a company of people unapologetically passionate about what they do – if you’re not into food, you soon will be.
- Perseverance and grit – you’re a hustler, and you’re not afraid of rejection
- Competitiveness – you’ll be working within a highly efficient team who like to win (as individuals and together)
- Curiosity – you’re a lifelong learner who is always striving to be outside of your comfort zone and test new ideas
- Top notch people skills – you have bags of emotional intelligence and can persuade even the toughest of prospects
- 1-3 months with the Deliveroo for Business team in the London office before moving to the Manchester office.
- Competitive salary, with uncapped commission. Work hard and you’ll reap the benefits.
- Robust learning environment. You’ll be thrown in at the deep end and will be asked to constantly challenge the status quo. You’ll have opportunities to learn about the most exciting areas of the business, from how we’re implementing Machine Learning to how we’re using state-of-the art technology to change the way restaurants operate.
- Lots of fun. You’ll be part of a like-minded, kick-ass group of people that work and play together.
- And lots of food. Think Friday lunch free-for-alls, new restaurant openings, and impressing your mates with free takeaway every now and again.
- Highly subsidised gym memberships and lots of other great ‘Roowards’
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food and a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups around.