Adzuna is the fastest growing job search engine globally and we’re on the lookout for a Country Manager for Italy to make an impact, grow traffic and revenue and turbo charge growth in our Italian business, which we have just launched.
As the Country Manager you will lead the charge to win Italy and transform the Italian job search market. Your job will be to make sure the development of our site is a continued successful growth story – from internet marketing like SEO and PPC, to customer support, blogging, PR and social media, to growing revenue from our pay-per-click advertisers. You’ll monitor the metrics for your site, and work with everyone in the company to build a great user experience and a profitable fast growing-business.
In exchange for your hard work, you’ll learn a ton from some of the top experts in the functions you deal with, you’ll get paid a market competitive salary and be granted stock options, and if you’re successful your career can progress quickly in a low-hierarchy, fast-growing company.
We are people who want to make a difference, to move fast, innovate and strive for excellence, and who work together well as a team. Impact, results and commitment to the cause are what we measure ourselves on, not how many hours are spent in the office. We are all owners of our business.
From launch in the UK in 2011, we now have more than 10 million visitors a month and are busy conquering the world from our office in West London. It’ll be fun, hard work, and rewarding.
You must have between 1 and 3 years of internet marketing or biz dev experience at a startup or blue chip web brand. You must have a great university degree, and can demonstrate strong analytical and copy writing skills. You’ve probably graduated recently and are looking to join a start-up where you can learn a lot. You’re not afraid of getting on the phone to business partners or customers, or of a bit of hard graft.
You must be fluent in English plus Italian. Ideally you are a native of Italy. Other languages are a bonus.
Most of all, you must be hands-on, entrepreneurial, and thrive on juggling a lot of balls!
Marketing planning, execution and traffic growth
- Deliver against ambitious traffic targets – and then find a way to hit and exceed them
- Build SEO presence through strong in-house operations, link and content development and outsourcing where appropriate
- Develop a powerful social media and PR machine and build brand awareness and ‘authority’ status in Italy
- Optimise & scale Italian SEM spend through a close relationship with the global marketing team
- Develop a wide and robust network of traffic partners to broaden the reach of the Italian business
- Test new channels and approaches and measure and improve performance and efficiency to maximise growth rate
- Project manage the delivery of all local marketing initiatives
Commercial growth, Account Management and Business Development
- Maintain and grow business from existing customer base
- Grow a balanced portfolio of clients and focus on acquisition of new customers
- Deliver against stretching sales and revenue targets
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of online experience, as well as broad exposure to marketing channels like SEO, SEM as well as PR and social media, and roles where they have had to be hands-on. Experience and success building large scale traffic in Italy would be a plus. They have a numeric degree at 2.1 or better (or equivalent) from a top university.
They have a good understanding of internet business models and the ability to think strategically, anticipating how pulling different levers can make a difference to the business, and adapting their approach rapidly in the face of what they learn from the market. They are a great communicator with an energetic, action-oriented nature and make things happen.
What we offer