Elliptic is the worlds leading Blockchain intelligence company. We identify illicit activity in cryptocurrencies, and our clients include financial institutions and law enforcement agencies.We have built the world’s largest database of verifiable identities associated with cryptocurrency addresses in order to provide actionable intelligence to our clients.
We are looking for an ambitious, passionate Data Analyst to help us to further strengthen this dataset. This involves a combination of manual and automated curation activities to identify entities and activity on the blockchain.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Collect and curate data relating to cryptocurrency usage
- Analyse and interpret cryptocurrency usage behaviours and trends on the clear and dark web
- Become a subject matter expert on the criminal use of cryptocurrencies
- Work with data scientists to identify new data patterns and research opportunities
- Excellent data analysis skills, including advanced spreadsheet expertise
- Experience with managing large, unstructured datasets
- Self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and time management
- A degree in a quantitative subject
Bonus points for:
- Interest and experience with Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies
- An interest in the dark web and cybercrime
- Experience in scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience in web scraping
- Familiarity with SQL
- Exposure to Big Data problems and tools
- Appetite for discussions about economics, money, identity and privacy
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Private health insurance