Through Fintricity, our core consulting brand, Fintricity Group (FG) has been at the forefront of technology and digital transformation for over 15 years, most recently with a focus on bringing innovation to leading brands through expertise in big data, analytics and technologies (such as blockchain and IoT) that are transforming operations, products, services, business models and sectors. Pivoting to a blockchain services and venture firm, Fintricity Group is working on a range of exciting new projects and ventures to build new business models, technology platforms and disrupt and transform multiple industries.
This is an opportunity to join the Founding executive team of a new venture in the Oil and Gas (O&G) sector where FG is a venture partner holds a stake . The O&G company, currently in stealth mode, will implement a blockchain ecosystem and network in the energy sector globally. The business will provide software, consulting and managed services to the market, primarily focused on post-trade settlement, trade finance and clearing.
Working closely with the O&G company CEO, the CTO will be responsible for designing, building and leading the technology capability, platform and team for the venture. The CTO will build and lead an in-house core team including developers, architects and data scientists, both onshore and offshore. The CTO will join the Board and play a key part in new venture strategy, operations, sales, recruitment, investor/community relations and other major firm decisions.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work with the CEO to formulate and execute a technology strategy and roadmap for LNGV.
- Build a high-performing core engineering and data team, providing coaching and mentoring.
- Spearhead the building of an effective external open-source development community.
- Head up and architect the design and build of the LNGV technology stack and associated capabilities, and lead its launch to market and ongoing operations.
- Provide thought-leadership and represent LNGV to the market and technology communities and CTOs/CIOs of key market and supplier participants.
- Join the Board as an executive director and participate in leadership activities and overall decision-making.
- At least 1 previous start-up/SME CTO/CIO role, or equivalent lead architect/engineer role. Experience in SaaS/PaaS businesses or running a software company is preferable.
- Previous industry expertise in Oil & Gas, utilities, energy, heavy supply chain or commodities trading sectors.
- Experience senior architect with large complex projects and environments.
- Previous executive team and board level experience preferred.
- A keen interest in and mind for decentralised systems and business models, DLTs, formal methods, specification language and codifying cryptography.
- Highly skilled and experienced developer and/or architect.
- Previous experience building high performing engineering or tech teams.
- Proficiency with major software development technologies (e.g. Python, Java, C/C++, .Net, Solidity) and associated SDKs/frameworks.
- Experience with big data tools (e.g. Hadoop, HDFS, Cassandra, Spark) .
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic perspectives - the ability to deep dive into code and step back into an executive’s mindset - and be highly effective in both.
- An ability to lead from the front in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment, with a well honed ability to prioritise and move between optimal and “good enough”.
- A passionate and dedicated people developer, coach, enabler and leader-follower.
- A compelling communicator at all levels, internally and externally.
Base salary negotiable based on experience
Potential long term discretionary upside