Quazard Uncharting Gaming are democratising the financial markets for the next generation of online traders. Through gamification we teach players how to trade and we help them manage their risk.
We are looking for a true technical wizard who is a master of all things gaming, trading and engineering. Someone that oozes technical competence, loves what they do and that no challenge is too big. Sound like you?
The Chief Technology Officer (CTO) is the most senior technologist in the company and represents technology interests within the company’s senior leadership team. The CTO is accountable for the delivery, quality, availability, and performance of the company’s technology platform, encompassing mobile apps, websites, services, databases, and cloud infrastructure. As a key liaison between the technology team and other key functions (Marketing, Operations, Finance etc..), the CTO possesses excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, with an ability to make the overly technical understandable to all. Lastly, but most importantly, the CTO must inspire and motivate a team of talented people to serve our customers with outstanding experiences; delivering measurable business results through technology.
- Lead, motivate, and manage a multidisciplinary team of Software Engineers, Game developers, QAs
- Provide coaching, mentoring, performance management, and technical guidance that encourages growth within the team
- Be accountable for the Company’s suite of customer-facing and internal technology solutions
- Shape the direction and technical strategy of the platform
- Manage the technology budget; seeking efficiencies and delivering a return on investment
- Guide the team to deliver clean code and architecture and enable the business to scale
- Be able to jump in and lead by example; writing high-quality, highly-testable code
- Review code, lead technical discussions, and promote best practices
- Working proactively across the business to remediate adverse customer experiences
- Promote lean and agile ways of delivering value through the technology team
- Drive technological innovation throughout the business and search for opportunities to solve operational challenges with technology
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Proven experience of leading Software Engineering teams to success
- Experience designing and building robust and scalable software platforms in cloud infrastructure (eg. AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Management of departmental budgets
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Pragmatic, with strong business acumen
- Working in high-growth start-ups (VC or PE)
- Working in a start-up that has been through seed and series-A rounds
- Knowledge of trading forex, cryptocurrency and CFDs
- Experienced in mobile game development using either Unity or Unreal
- Understanding of MT4, MT5 platforms
- Experience with Firebase and Photon
- Managing remote teams or resources
- Automated testing
- Blockchain development
- Blockchain gaming
- Ability to help shape the company.
- Company shares.
- Competitive salary (post funding).
- Work from home.