Drover is a VC-backed marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: flexible and at a fair, transparent price. Our mission is to establish car subscription as the defining industry category of our time with Drover as the undisputed pioneer. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch and Forbes.
We are now looking for a Data Analyst to join our busy Data team in London. Data is at the heart of strategy at Drover, so expect to make a meaningful contribution in your first few weeks and to learn a lot very quickly!
WHAT YOULL DO
You will own the reporting and analysis of data from the Operations side of the business, which includes our vehicle listings, customer approvals and bookings teams.
In this role you will be working with us on the following:
- Efficiently maximise the number of subscribers we get into our vehicles
- Test the impact our product feature releases have on our frontline teams and suggest new features to implement
- Help us measure the performance of our operational teams
- Identify the bottlenecks in the customer approval processes that prevent us from getting more subscribers on board
- Monitor the way our inventory changes on our platform
- Breakdown into data the vehicles with the highest conversion rates among our customers
- Analyse our customers behaviour in order to optimise the efficiency of Drovers marketplace model
How success will look like after 3-6 months at Drover:
You will at some point work with every department and become a go-to person in the business for any data related queries. Down the line, there will constantly be opportunities to work on a wide range of different projects too, including modelling our customer LTV, financial projections and our customer service quality.
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people”. We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university in a highly mathematical discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience in a data-driven role is a plus but not essential
- Some understanding of basic coding/development is helpful but not essential
- Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of R and the tidyverse packages is highly desirable
- Very strong communication skills. You’ll regularly need to break down complex concepts and methodologies to stakeholders and be able to tell a story from the data your analysing
- A deeply analytical mindset able to work with large data sets and interpret trends
- You’re a self-starter who can independently drive a team’s work forward, always finding and exploiting opportunities where data analysis can impact Drover’s business objectives
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 22 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regents Canal
- Free fruit and coffee all day every day plus free breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats to exciting European destinations (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next...?)