What do Microsoft, The Gap, Royal Bank of Scotland, Lockheed Martin, and top Open Source projects like JQuery have in common? They all use BrowserStack, as do over 25,000 other customers!
BrowserStack is the industry-leading, cloud web and mobile testing platform that enables developers to test their websites and apps on different operating systems and mobile devices. Since launching in 2011, our mission has been bold yet simple: To be the testing infrastructure for the internet. 8 years and billions of tests later, we are ready for our next phase of hyper growth. Bootstrapped for the first 6 years, we continue to be profitable since inception with a near exponential growth in customers around the globe. Recently, we closed $50M in Series A funding from Accel.
We are looking for a Senior Data Centre Operations professional for Lead-Data Center Operations role to lead and grow our Mobile Data Centers. This individual will be responsible for the overall effectiveness and efficiency of our Data Centers having responsibility for architecture, configuration, deployment and maintenance and to also to ensure high-quality tier-3 end user support, scheduling of maintenance, security, monitoring and disaster recovery.
- Own the day to day operations of Mobile data centers in Dublin, USA and rest of the globe. Own overall data center sites and ensure their smooth function. Keep it secured & optimized
- Contribute to the development and implementation of processes which support efficient equipment installations (servers, switches, routers and storage hardware), timely equipment repair and upgrades, rapid troubleshooting of issues with hardware and Linux OS and tracking issues, reporting and managing key metrics
- Assist the manager/director to manage a DC operations team responsible for the installation, maintenance and operation of mobile, and server hardware and supporting infrastructure at scale across multiple locations
- Create and optimize local processes and standards, drive automation, improve quality and efficiencies
- Work in close coordination with the Engineering and Product teams based in Dublin, India and the USA
- Assist in troubleshooting network, routing and inter connectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
- Manage hardware capacity and procurement
- Manage vendor / contractor relationships
- Find creative ways to optimize operating costs and keep track of budgets
- Around 5-6 Years of relevant experience of working on infrastructure based projects
- Good experience in adapting new technologies as per the needs of business. You should be excited about new innovations in IT-Infrastructure domain
- Hands-on experience with network, cabling infrastructure best practices and methodologies and wifi technologies
- Good understanding of data center power and cooling infra
- Total understanding modern systems, network platforms and what is necessary for physical layer inter-connectivity
- Good to have: Sound knowledge of security technology and processes, intrusion prevention, vulnerability management etc.
- Proven experience in execution and implementation of major long-term IT strategies and plans, ensuring their compliance with architectural standards and established policies
- Experience of dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Experienced in vendor management and negotiations
- You should have experience in leading a small team of 4-6 infrastructure/support professionals
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced, hands-on, start up environment
- Open to travel
We believe in direct ownership of ideas and responsibilities in an environment where you get to learn a wide array of bleeding-edge skills. Were looking for talented, passionate and creative people, willing to give their 100 percent to building a high-class web product. In exchange, well provide you with some fantastic perks and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Macbook Pro
- Free lunch
- 25 days paid vacation per year
- Medical and Dental insurance
- A cosy office set-up with a friendly and fun loving environment
- Team outings
- Located in the centre of the city of Dublin surrounded by chic restaurants, pubs, multiplexes and more