Alkemics connects brands and retailers to help them market & sell their products everywhere, driving business growth, by allowing them to collect, enrich, and share data across the retail ecosystem.
Our mission is to connect every manufacturer with every retailer in the world. Our products streamline management of digital product content (i.e., packaging, ingredients, visuals, promotions, rich media), extract structured metadata for optimal quality and usability, and automate delivery to retail partners and third party service providers.
Founded in 2011, and backed by world renowned investors (Index Ventures, Serena Capital, Cathay Innovation, Partech Ventures, among others), Alkemics consists of 70+ talented employees, and has offices in the very heart of Paris.
Our startup culture allows for very flat hierarchy, and for everyone, regardless of seniority, to have a big impact. We are looking to continue building a kickass team in the next year, so if youre looking for a new challenge, give us a sign!
The Data Operations team deals with the definition and evolution of the core product data-model which is used as the Rosetta Stone enabling exchanges of data between the different stakeholders of Alkemics platform. The base of this data-model is an ontology representing all the concepts which are necessary to precisely describe whatever product. Still a bit abstract so far? Thats intentional as being comfortable with abstraction is totally part of the job.
The team has 3 main tasks:
- build the data model, new verticals, answering to business needs
- connect / map it to the GDSN network
- check on regulatory needs for data gathering
The position overview
The Data Operations team is a key operational support group within Alkemics. In charge of the data-model, this team entertains the key differentiator of Alkemics value proposition towards its clients. The Data Operations team ensures that all the data gathered by Alkemics models are exhaustive, accurate and optimized in their database setup. The Data Operations Intern will work within this team to provide such on-going support. In a typical dynamic startup environment, she/he will also be expected to bring new ideas to improve such operations and developments.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities
The Data Operations Intern will support analysts in the operations surrounding the Alkemics core product data-model, including:
• Definition and rollout of the data-model, with a focus on quality and usage, to address new verticals and new markets
• Adaptability and Productivity of the data-model, to connect new members to the platform
• Scalability of the data-model, to enable partners and integrators to develop new businesses
Examples of tasks:
Make an analysis and implement a new vertical:
- by building the category tree / classification
- creating new fields, responding to vertical-specific needs
- analyzing existing standards in GDSN and implementing them on the product page
Data Operations team
R&D software engineer teams
Data science team
Retailers and manufacturers
Contractors & Partnerships