Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
We are now looking for a Data Scientist to join our busy Data team in London. Data is at the heart of strategy at Drover, so expect to make a meaningful contribution in your first few weeks and to learn a lot very quickly!
Your day-to-day will include:
- Building models to automate manual processes at Drover and working with our Product and Tech team to put your code into production
- Understanding the changing data requirements of the business, identifying where gaps arise and how to solve this through data tools and collaborating with developers
- Working with all departments, ranging from the front line sales team, to fleet operations and business development to to develop data-intensive processes, from internal business controls, financial modelling to product feature recommendations
- Designing business intelligence tools for external customers such as pricing and vehicle usage
- Analysing our Insurance data to produce recommended dynamic pricing
- Predicting customer behaviour to optimise the efficiency of Drover’s marketplace model
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university in a highly mathematical discipline
- 1+ years experience in a data analyst/scientist role is a plus but not essential
- Knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning algorithms
- Experience with SQL and fluency with relational databases
- Knowledge of R and the tidyverse packages is highly desirable
- Experience with Python and familiarity with TensorFlow and Keras is a plus
- Very strong communication skills - the ability to break down complex concepts and methodologies to both technical and non-technical people
- A deeply analytical mindset able to work with large data sets and interpret trends
- You’re a self starter who can independently drive a team’s work forward, always finding and exploiting opportunities where data science can impact Drover’s business objectives
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regents Canal
- Free snacks and breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)