Marketing | Up to £45k p.a. | Old Street Station, London
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point everywhere you park. To make that dream a reality we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world - that’s where you come in!
We like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word - we’re anything but.
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative full stack marketer to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Marketing and will be based out of our offices near Old Street Station in London.
Role activities and responsibilities
You will take ownership of our organic acquisition engine and supercharge it.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Achieving organic lead generation & revenue targets
- Creating content that targets users at the awareness and consideration phase of the buyers journey, across our B2C & B2B markets
- Managing & maintaining the existing content base on our website, as well as signing off updates by the development team
- Managing and assuring quality of our offline content to ensure consistency across all touch points
- Creating gated content for lead generation campaigns & other collateral to support sales and product launches
- Managing all onsite technical SEO (including structured data, meta data, keyword optimisation & resolving crawl issues)
- Managing all offsite SEO (including link building campaigns and working with relevant team members to distribute content via social and email)
- Monitoring and reporting on our rankings and search visibility, as well as communicating wins & progress to the wider company
- Staying on top of algorithm updates and latest best practices
Essential skills and experience
- At least 3 years’ experience delivering digital marketing campaigns that have had a tangible impact on business growth
- Previous experience in an SEO role and a high-growth start up or growth stage technology company
- Ability to create content that walks the line between fun and consumer-orientated, and a tad more serious for B2B
- Creative thinker; always looking for innovative new ways to reach our target markets and solve growth problems
- Proficient in the use of:
- Google Analytics & Search Console
- Moz SEO or similar rank tracking/SERP analytics platform
- Proficiency with Screaming Frog or similar crawl tools
- Proficiency with Google Keyword Planner or similar keyword research tool
- You understand the whole acquisition funnel, not just the top of it and optimise for business growth, not vanity metrics
- You apply lean principles to maximise efficiency and output, and you rely on data to guide your decision making
Desirable skills and experience (but not essential)
- Experience running email marketing campaigns (bonus points if they were automated)
- Experience running paid search and/or paid social campaigns
- Experience of creating offline content (e.g. print media)
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the EV industry
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also have a casual dress code, free snacks and drinks, a fully stocked beer fridge and regular social events (probably too regular), ground-breaking projects to work on, 25 days holiday, a pension scheme, a bike to work scheme, an Electric Vehicle fleet for you to use (and EV charge points installed at the office), discounted gym membership, an extensive library (that we’ll pay you to read books from), flexible working hours and, of course, the odd Pod Point puppy to cuddle.
Pod Point is an equal opportunities employer, although you must be legally able to work in UK.