Native is a technology company that is changing the way we understand our world by making the cost, speed, and flexibility of getting data collected more accessible to than ever before. We do this by linking a global fleet of trained data collectors to businesses that have questions they need answered. They log in, craft questions they want answered, task locals to go collect the data they need, and analyze results in real time. Spanning everything from polling to market intelligence to mapping, we are building the future of data by delivering it on demand.
Where others have focused on easing life for the consumer, Native brings the power of the on-demand economy right into the hands of business users everywhere.
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an Operations Manager with serious experience with a top-tier on-demand or gig economy company (eg Uber, Deliveroo, Shyp, Grab, or similar) with increasing levels of responsibility managing and building the operational and logistical supply side of a two-sided market. This person must also possess experience working in Sub Saharan Africa. We like bright, fast, get-shit-done types comfortable with a global footprint and cosmopolitan outlook.
The Operations Manager role is one of the most important and exciting positions at Native. As an Operations Manager you will be wholly responsible for recruiting collectors in dozens of countries, ensuring they are trained, paid, and managed at every day. You will travel across EMEA to meet first hand with many of the fleet of collectors whom you will oversee, manage daily operations across the region, and build processes that make us cheaper, faster, and higher quality than anything in the industry. It’s a big job on a small team. So we’re looking for someone who can deliver in a serious way.
• Manage, grow, expand, and oversee a fleet of on-demand workers in 10+ countries across Sub Saharan Africa
• Develop and streamline data-driven processes for the supply side of the market in accordance with real-time metrics (eg lowering unit costs, increasing delivery times, improving quality control standards)
• Oversee daily operations of data collection across the region
• Collaborate with Native’s leadership in setting broad strategic objectives for fleet operations
• Plan, develop, and execute online and offline recruitment campaigns the build the fleet
• Respond to challenges, problems, and opportunities among collectors
• 3-10 years of serious, high-achievement experience managing fleet operations in a top-tier on-demand startup with workers performing tasks in the real-world (eg Uber, Grab, Instacart, Minibar, Drizly, Shyp, TaskRabbit)
• Native fluency in French strongly preferred; other EMEA languages beneficial but not required
• Demonstrated experience leveraging data to inform human logistics that support operational management in real-time
• You’re a good communicator, outgoing, and able to confidently present Native in front of very diverse audiences
• Total self-starter who is biased toward execution and willing to own key challenges within a small team
• Willingness to travel (mostly to Sub Saharan Africa) and work on some weekends
• Competitive Salary
• Medical benefits
• Decent vacation
• Ground floor of a fast-moving startup with a massive global vision