At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- uSwitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate is changing the mortgage market. We create innovative and personalised products that help you make smarter decisions. We want to empower you to find a house and get a mortgage without talking to an agent or broker.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
As a core member of our Operations team you will be key to the effective running of the UK’s largest Energy comparison site, helping people to save money on their bills every day. You will work in a fast paced and fun environment, helping to maintain the Energy switching area of our website.
We are looking for an intelligent and adaptable graduate with strong time management capabilities and demonstrable attention to detail. You should possess excellent problem solving and communication skills and an intense desire to learn.
The team you will join sits centrally, so you will have the opportunity to involve yourself in a number of areas of a successful online business through collaboration with teams across the whole of uSwitch, including PR, Commercial, Finance and Online Marketing. The role will also require that you support external relationships, working with Energy suppliers to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Responsible for all daily operational tasks within the Energy area of our website, ensuring products are accurate and up to date, switches are delivered and any issue swiftly resolved.
- Liaise regularly with suppliers, representing the uSwitch Operations team; providing insight and suggesting process improvements.
- Provide support for tracking financial reporting, liaising with suppliers and finance to ensure reporting is received in a timely manner.
- Be a key point of contact between operations teams and the wider uSwitch energy team. This can involve collating information from suppliers to support key uSwitch projects, communicating energy supplier change requests to the development team, feeding back uSwitch views to external stakeholders and sharing data insight with the wider energy team.
- Support the contact centre in delivering a high standard of customer service helping to resolve customer complaints, elevating them to supplier teams for resolution where necessary.
- Play a key role in the on-boarding of new energy suppliers, in both the online and telesales energy journeys.
The things we look for in you:
- High attention to detail - someone who can complete tasks under pressure, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Commitment to quality - someone who aims to continuously improve their way of working and deliver beyond the minimum
- Analytical ability - you are comfortable with numbers and have confidence in your own analytical skills and have a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships - both internally, across a team of various disciplines and experience, and externally with Energy suppliers
- Strong communication skills - have the ability to effectively communicate with a range of audiences, through both written and verbal interactions
- Strong organisation skills and efficiency - you are able to manage your own time and prioritize tasks accordingly, often working to strict deadlines
- Team player - you respect the needs of your team members and appreciate that collaboration often leads to better results
- Eagerness to learn and develop - you are interested in the running of a successful online business or even better the UK Energy market!
- 2:1 degree or equivalent preferred
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time here is even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexible holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding