At DigitalBridge were always on the lookout for brilliant people to jump on board and help craft the next, most exciting, part of our story. We are an award-winning computer vision and machine learning company who has recently secured substantial institutional investment. Were building industry-leading space planning and room visualisation tools to help people design beautiful living spaces irrespective of their design experience. Its hard, but rewarding work.
Right now, we are looking for an Engineering Manager who lives and breathes software engineering. You have a proven track record of supporting a skilled Engineering team who are delivering innovative software in a fast-paced agile environment. You are passionate about instilling the culture and techniques that enable our team to be motivated and productive. To go alongside this, youll be working very closely with and will report to our Head of Engineering to define the engineering objectives within our technology strategy.
What does the opportunity look like day-to-day?
- People management:
- Lead and motivate our quality-focused and high-performing software engineering team.
- Line manage 8 developers (front-end, back-end, middleware and graphics) and help to attract and recruit new team members.
- Nurture our forward-thinking, ambitious and happy engineering culture with innovation and delivery at its heart.
- Support, mentor and develop our engineering team, including through regular 1:1s and encouraging and providing constructive and candid continuous feedback.
- Actively seek opportunities for yourself and your team to improve.
- Guide the Engineering team in making appropriate technical decisions and trade-offs. You will be involved in design and code reviews - and get hands-on if necessary.
- Guide the adoption of best practice software engineering processes, tools and workflows to allow our developers to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Work closely with colleagues to share knowledge and ensure the continuous growth of our Engineering community.
- Deliver our technology to a high-quality standard.
- Execution leadership:
- Take ownership of our engineering principles and processes and lead the Engineering team day-to-day.
- Be a real advocate for Agile and Lean working within the team, as well as leading the team within our delivery framework (Feature Squads/Kanban).
- Instill a DevOps and continuous improvement mindset within the Engineering team.
- Work with other stakeholders within the business, such as Solution Architect, Head of Platform and Head of Product and Delivery, to ensure that all expectations are aligned and are delivered in an efficient manner.
What you will bring to the team:
- You have a proven track record of overseeing a successful technical team and delivering high-quality software, ideally within a start-up environment.
- You have experience of effectively line managing team members. You are passionate about developing people as well as software!
- You are an advocate of Agile and Lean principles, Object Orientation, SOLID Principles and building-in quality throughout the engineering pipeline.
- You have experience working with current best practice software engineering and deployment practices and associating tooling, including CI/CD and feature flags.
- You have experience working within and growing a DevOps culture
- You have excellent problem solving abilities and resourcefulness.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and communication (both verbal and written).
It would also be great if you:
- Hands-on development experience with our technology stack, which includes .NET Core/C#, Python, Django, TypeScript, Angular, Docker, Kubernetes and AWS.
- Experience working with GitLab and JIRA.
- Experience working with AI/ML.
- Have experience working on a consumer product and can partner a product team to enable their vision through technology.
- Understand the principles of Kanban.
- Experience growing DevSecOps practices.
- Fabulous office space
- A relaxed and informal working environment
- Central Manchester location
- Working with a diverse, talented team
- Competitive Salary
- Open holidays
- Pension scheme
- Health insurance
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Food for Thought!: Kitchen with free tea & coffee, soft drinks, cereal and fruit
- Great social activities
- Referral bonus - if someone you introduce joins the company
- Cycle To Work scheme
Equality of opportunity is at the heart of our recruitment process. You’ll be judged on your suitability for the job and nothing else.