Qadre is a fast-scaling fintech company looking for an enthusiastic new team member to support the COO as the company scales into its third year. The company focuses on reducing inefficiencies and friction in the financial services sector - to restore trust between the consumer and the sector, by improving on the accessibility and simplicity of financial systems. The team uses their expertise in security technology to build custom solutions for market-leaders and its own services and products.
You will become part of a fantastic culture that combines the fun and energy of a startup with the maturity and ambition of a corporate. We strongly believe that an incredible team is the crux of a strong company and are passionate about helping them to develop in their role and wider career.
This position is perfect for someone who is obsessive about problem-solving and improvement. The role involves observing the workflows of the COO and removing friction and inefficiencies wherever possible. This presents a fantastic chance to learn about how scaling companies operate and about all aspects of a business. This role will require ambition and hard-work in a fast-pace environment, but provides a superb learning opportunity.
Scope of the role:
- Managing the inbox, calendar, and expenses of the COO
- Attending meetings, taking notes, and recording actions onto the company software
- Compiling and maintaining company documentation - physically and on digital systems
- Opportunity to collaborate on ground-breaking technical projects, in research, sales, marketing, technical roles
- Puppy-sitting, where required
- The above are a basic list of administrative requirements, but this role is flexible and will allow for a degree of creativity in how the employee assists the COO in streamlining their workflows
- Experience: calendar management, record keeping, travel arrangements, systems management, and event planning.
- Skills: Strong written and verbal communication, strong interpersonal skills, reasonable technical skills (e.g. experience using Gmail, Google Calendar, Microsoft Office, HR software), strong administrative skills, ability to switch from big-thinking to detailed thinking, ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interests: Finance, Technology, Operational Efficiency.
- Characteristics: Perfectionist, self-motivated, intelligent, ambitious, astute, diligent, hard work-ethic, enthusiastic, determined, patient, resilient, adaptive, articulate, empathetic, organised and time optimisation.
- NB: At Qadre we are strong believers in the fact that attitude and aptitude are more crucial than experience, so if you believe this is the perfect role for your abilities, but you haven’t had all of the experience mentioned above, please don’t be afraid to apply and argue how you could be the best person for this role.
- Discretionary bonus;
- Pension scheme;
- Regular sponsorship of team members for qualifications that assist role-development;
- 25 days holiday (and working from home policy over 2 weeks of late December), plus bank holidays and
- Regular Qadre team events
Upon 6 month review:
- Personal development benefits (set budget for sponsoring training, health, and wellbeing goals);
- BUPA Health Insurance and
- Any reasonable suggestions - we always want our benefits to be tailored to our team!