About Signal - Who are we?
Signal has built a world class artificial intelligence platform that turns the problem of information overload on its head! It ingests millions of articles and posts a day from millions of sources, from news media to financial regulation. Using machine learning techniques it has become highly effective at stripping out the information within this content and aggregating it in a single platform. Users can monitor key people, places, events, companies and topics in real-time as well as track changes and measure impact over time, across more content than anyone could ever hope to read! How awesome is that!
It gets faster and more accurate the more data it consumes. With more data points to work with it can show past, emerging and future trends in real-time. It picks up on nuances and combines them the highlight the next big risk, opportunity or crisis that might affect organisations. It makes the unknown, known.
We Signallers are friendly and informal people! We are passionate about our Brand as we all have a stake in our success. We have an inclusive environment welcoming the skills and experience from many diverse backgrounds, together we have created who we are and what we sell. We are proud of our achievements and continue to strive for the unknown.
Signal is a venture-backed company currently in its Series B round. Some of our investors include GMG Ventures, MMC Ventures, Frontline Ventures, and Reed Elsevier.
About the role - Who are you?
We are looking for a research analyst to work within our Executive Insights team, providing high-quality, fast turnaround research briefs for our clients across a wide variety of news, industry and broader topics.
Role and responsibilities - What will you be doing?
Reporting to the Executive Insights Lead Analyst, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Work independently and liaise directly with clients as to their needs
- Operate under high-pressure, returning work within very short time-frames
- Demonstrate significant independent thinking, summarising multiple existing documents from a wide variety of sources and then provide their own layer of analysis on top.
- Write highly fluently
- Effectively use a wide number of research tools in order to find the right mix of opinion, fact and statistics for each brief or report
- Consume a wide variety of sources from financial reports through to news or social media.
- Independently evaluate the truthfulness and objectivity of different sources in order to generate conclusions.
- Extract, process and interpret data sets and provide insightful commentary on items of interest
- Brief senior figures within Signal directly prior to events
Required knowledge, skills and experience - Who are we looking for?
- You have strong research, analysis and summarisation skills including referencing
- Excellent written communication skills
- Undergraduate Degree 2:1 or above preferred in a relevant area of study, further relevant qualifications desirable
- Previous research experience is preferred
- Some experience of repeatedly producing content under high-pressure deadlines
- You are proficient with Excel and Powerpoint
- You are comfortable with data extraction / data manipulation
- Interest or experience in media analysis, PR or communication is an added bonus
We’re a growing company, which makes it all the more an exciting time to join us - we recently opened our first international office in New York! We don’t currently have heaps in the way of fanciful corporate benefits but we can offer you the following:
- Working at a cutting edge AI start-up
- Equity in the business
- Unlimited holiday entitlement - so you never have to worry about taking off that extra week to pursue your hobby or spending precious time with your loved ones;
- Company Macbook - having the reliable, quality tools to do your job is essential, and we’ll provide you with them;
- Opportunities to be challenged, grow, and develop in your role - progress is paramount, so you’ll receive the support and guidance you need to help you achieve your career goals;
- Snacks and fruit for days! - we’ll keep you energised with a mix of healthy and treats;
- Monthly team lunch - a team who eats together, works hard together, and stays together!
- Join our opt-in group pension plan (after passing your probationary period) - let’s not lose sight of planning for your future;