We are passionate technologists who believe in making a difference to the lives of millions living in emerging markets. We aim to change the landscape of finance and remittance using the Blockchain.
If you're someone that loves to solve complicated problems using only the tools you self-build, then you're already the right fit to join us as at BitPesa. The BitPesa engineering team is already well-known for their cross functional development knowledge and hands on approach to getting things done.
You'll Be Responsible For
- Reporting directly to the Lead Developer and by proxy the CTO.
- You will join a talented team of 9 full stack developers - taking ownership and contributing technical input to Epics that have been groomed as part of our technical direction and roadmap, both short and long term
- You will have a full understanding of building and deploying software within a micro-service architecture.
- You will be proficient with CSS3 and related tools/methodologies (Less and/or Sass, at least one framework of choice e.g. Bootstrap, and some method of structuring CSS such as BEM or CSS-in-JS).
- You will be 100% hands on the codebase and comfortable taking on more responsibility over time including being our spokesperson on all things JS to better take into account technical feasibility on projects.
- You will communicate flawlessly with provable experience working with dedicated product teams and wider stakeholders.
- You will ideally have experiencing building native mobile applications in React-Native although this is not essential.
- You will hold testing (with Jest, TestCafe, Protractor, Jasmine, Karma, Cucumber, Ava) in the highest regard with an emphasis of over all best practice in your work.
- You know your Bits from your Blocks and cringe when you hear the question… “Tell me more about this Chains of Blocks thing”?
Ideally, You Should You Have
- Hands-on experience in analysis, architecting, coding, and implementation of complex, custom-built applications.
- Experience implementing and working with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum.
- You will be an advocate of testing extensively and you are risk averse when it comes to pushing financial product changes to production without a clear and accountable process.
We operate across several cities - London, Luxembourg, Kiev, Madrid, Lagos, Nairobi and Dakar. If you relish the idea of being part of a community that extends beyond the work we do for our customers, you may find you share our passion for solutions using technology, and want to help change the world with software, we want to hear from you!