Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement - helping brands bring the supply chain and impact behind products to shoppers. Increasing sales and brand value whilst enabling more conscious, fair, and low impact consumption.
About the role
We are looking for an outstanding Finance and Operations Assistant to join our growing team based at our London HQ. You will support and work closely with our COO-CFO who manages the day-to-day running of the business across Finance, Business and HR Operations.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented, driven individual, eager to jump start their learning and step into a fast-growing, tech start-up environment with a focus on positive social and environmental impact.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Assessing effectiveness of business processes and tools, making recommendations for improvement, retirement and optimisation
- Own our B-Corp status - making improvements to business processes and completing annual assessment
- Help our busy team stay organised. For example, ensuring naming conventions and categorisation provides ease of use and effective reporting insight across all platforms
- Own the procurement and maintenance of IT, office equipment and business software, ensuring everyone has the equipment they need to work in a safe and efficient manner, including relevant H&S regulations
- Manage keeping our Shoreditch loft office space a great place to work, ensuring it’s always looking its best and in keeping with our values
- Ownership of day-to-day finance administration, working with Xero
- Assist CEO and COO-CFO with fundraising and investor relations
- Be the go-to person for managing accounts payable and receivable, raising and processing invoices and expenses; ensuring payments are made on time
- Manage monthly payroll and action payments
- Working closely with COO-CFO, assist with financial, legal and tax requirements, for example payroll, pensions, Companies House and HMRC related queries
- Ensure all financial reporting and legal documents are in order and any new queries are dealt with in an efficient and timely manner
- Liaise with our external accountants as required
- Assist with Team Resourcing and Timesheet Management
- Support in Recruitment administration to ensure we are attracting the best talent
- On-boarding of new team members to the various software tools and platforms across the business
- Work with senior leadership to source freelance talent when needed
- Planning and booking projects related travel for the team, ensuring logistics are coordinated within project budgets
- Highly organised, process-driven and a natural problem solver
- Comfortable with change and adaptive to a dynamic environment. This role will vary from day to day, and evolve and grow with the business, so it is important that you are resourceful, able to react quickly to meet challenges and pragmatic in approach
- Looking for a role that brings purpose to a 9-5 - you’re interested in sustainability and using future-facing technologies to enable positive change
- Relevant degree level education, preferably in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related disciplines
- Have the basis of some finance knowledge and an interest in developing in this area
- Strong analytical skills with good working knowledge of Google Sheets / Excel
- Experience working with Xero or similar accounting software tools
This May Provenance was placed at number 21 in Escape the City’s Top 100 Companies to Escape to 2019.
Our culture reflects our values: We are incredibly passionate about sustainability and building the future of transparency in product supply chains and therefore believe in transparency, creativity and striving for a positive impact for people and planet in everything we do.
Our benefits package includes:
- 25 days’ holiday
- Opportunities for global travel
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- Team workshops and regular social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee share option program
- Opportunity to test out some of the ethical F&B brands on our platform!
We are committed to growing a diverse team with equal opportunities for all. A handful of us work remotely from within the UK, and from other cities in Europe.