At LabGenius, we’re building a platform to discover revolutionary medicines using machine learning.
Founded in 2012 by Dr James Field, our multidisciplinary, international team of 30 is backed by leading investors such as Kindred Capital, Acequia Capital, and Backed VC.
We have exciting plans for the next 18 months and we are looking for a Finance and Operations Manager to business partner the executive team and be part of our growth journey.
As Finance and Operations Manager, youll be a key part of our management team and help lay the foundations for the companys future success.
Were looking for someone pragmatic and organised to manage our day-to-day finance and operations, ensuring that all the systems and processes involved in running the business are optimised.
Youll empower our highly talented, diverse, and dedicated team and live by these values: commitment to each other, enthusiasm to teach and learn, determination to build a successful business, and desire to have a positive impact on the world.
What you’ll do in this role.
- Accounting & Finance Operations:
- Liaise with our external accountants and tax consultants to ensure bookkeeping is up-to-date and tax processes are optimised (VAT, Corporation tax, etc).
- Develop and maintain systems, policies and procedures to ensure efficient financial management as the company scales.
- Manage external book-keeper and accountants to oversee day-to-day financial operations, including accounts payable, fixed asset register and payroll.
- Administer pension scheme in collaboration with external accountants.
- Own the company’s financial model, forecasts and annual operating budgets.
- Prepare monthly management accounts and review against budget, re-forecasting if necessary.
- Monitor cash flow and provide recommendations to the senior management team on liquidity management.
- Provide ad-hoc financial analysis to aid in short and long term decision making.
- Other Operations and Legal:
- Review external contracts (suppliers, insurers, commercial partnerships), identifying key risk areas & liaise with 3rd party legal advisors to mitigate these risks.
- Identify wider business risks (i.e. GDPR compliance) and address these with input from external legal advisors.
- Facilitate the legal processes for investment rounds, shares and options.
- Assist in some facilities management (office and wet lab).
- Previous experience as Finance Manager, Financial Controller, or similar in a venture-backed startup.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills that foster strong relationships and trust.
- Reliable and pragmatic team player, happy to ‘get stuck in’ with tasks outside of the role.
- Qualifications such as BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; MBA or Chartered Accountant qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting methods.
- The technical skills to assess and refine our financial system infrastructure.
- Familiarity with using Xero for financial management.
- Experience of venture capital investment rounds
What you’ll receive from us.
Aside from being part of our brilliant, purpose-driven team, youll also enjoy:
- Flexible working arrangements: whether you’re a night owl or a morning lark, with core hours of 10am-4pm, you can choose a pattern that works for you.
- Easy access to on-site gym and climbing wall to break a sweat or indulge your inner monkey.
- Monthly 1-on-1 coaching from Sanctus: because we need to look after our minds as well as our bodies.
- Self-service study budget via Sunlight plus books, courses, and events; we encourage personal development in any form. Basically, we heart learning.
- Weekly team lunches from City Pantry: the perfect time to connect over kebabs, natter over nachos, or cackle over curry.
- Access to the Cycle To Work scheme: to make your commute cheaper, healthier, and a whole lot greener!
We believe that diversity makes for innovative, exceptional teams.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on gender, race, colour, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.