Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
We are now looking for a Finance Data Analyst to join our busy Data team in London. Data is at the heart of strategy at Drover, so expect to make a meaningful contribution in your first few weeks and to learn a lot very quickly!
You will be the data business partner to the Finance team, owning all requests. Your day-to-day will include:
- Conducting deep analyses into our financial data and identify where gaps lie
- Working with the tech and product teams to scope out new requirements
- Building dashboards to track our real-time financial health and the payment behaviours of our customers
- Developing tools to detect fraud, payment disputes and card retry behaviour
- Closely working with our internal payments and billing infrastructure and external payments provider, Stripe, to pull key data and intelligence
- Working on a range of data projects related to our InsurTech offering, such as reporting on our claims ratio, premiums and payment behaviour
- Building data tools to track and monitor the behaviour of Drovers payment solutions / providers
- Conducting other ad hoc data deep dives into specific areas of interest for the Finance team
There will also be opportunities to work on a wider range of projects including modelling our customer lifetime value, financial projections and our customer service quality.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a leading university in a highly mathematical discipline
- 1-2 years’ experience in a data / analytics role is a plus but not essential
- Some understanding of basic coding/development is helpful but not essential
- Experience with SQL and an understanding of relational databases
- Knowledge of R and the tidyverse packages is highly desirable
- Very strong communication skills - the ability to break down complex concepts and methodologies
- A deeply analytical mindset able to work with large data sets and interpret trends
- You’re a self starter who can independently drive a team’s work forward, always finding and exploiting opportunities where data science can impact Drover’s business objectives
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here.
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regents Canal
- Free snacks and breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)