You will be managing a small team and ensuring the finance function and operations of the business is set-up to support the growth of the business both operationally and strategically to reach the commercial objectives set by the CEO.
- Leadership: Implementing and managing specific financial and operational KPIs and ensuring the team are organised, focused and supported.
- Operations: Ensure day to day finance functions are executed efficiently and run in a manner that delivers the best customer experience, managing high volumes of multi-currency financial products.
- Controllership duties: Owning the budgeting processes, reporting accurate and timely historical financial information of the company and assisting in monitoring, controlling and clarifying company performance and cash flow.
- Treasury duties: Managing deployment of company funds taking into consideration risk and liquidity and the optimal capital structure of the company. Understanding of and ability to manage fraud management, including e-commerce, credit card, KYB and banking fraud.
- Strategy and forecasting: Analyse, model identify and report on what areas of a company are most efficient and how the company can capitalize on this information and the impact on strategic business plans.
- Corporate structure and tax: Experience with multi-jurisdictional finance regulation and accounting practises. Develop financial and tax strategies. Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations.
- Financial information management: Manage the accounting across multiple subsidiaries, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments including managing any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced and overseeing the issuance of financial information.
- Capital allocation: Assisting in capital raising, investor relations, investment of company capital including pensions and due diligence or negotiation on acquisition.
- 7-8 years’ experience
- Senior member at a global FinTech company
- Experience of leading and delivering on big projects
- Management experience of 2 years with a team of at least 4
- SaaS, ecommerce and payment processing/transactional business experience
- Start-up environment - having experienced success and failure
- Experience with VC/Private Equity backed businesses and the SME environment
- An interest in blockchain or cryptocurrency
- Dynamic/charismatic and safe pair of hands
What’s in for you?
We believe there is a clear distinction between perks and benefits. Perks are easily replicable, whereas benefits are something that are unique to us. We have taken the time to tailor a number of them to fit our culture and ethos.
- Pay reviews every 6 months to make sure we’re paying market rate.
- Participation in the Employee Options pool so you get to own a piece of WeGift.
- Pension scheme (3% contribution)
- A minimum of 25 days holiday + bank holidays (we’re not too descriptive about holidays so if you need more time off then just ask).
- Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless.
- Flexible hours and work from home when needed - yes, yes everyone says this but we do.
- WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every month who in turn get a £200 award in the eGift card of their choice.
- Personal development budget - well actually there is no budget as we don’t believe in putting a cap on learning new things.
- Generous maternity and paternity packages to make sure you get to spend time with your new bundle of joy.
- Fully licensed as a tier 2 sponsor + relocation packages to help you get settled in.
- Brand new We Work office based in Monument, London.
- A new laptop as standard - no one wants an old one when they need to be doing their best work + all the trimmings you need to get the perfect work setup.
- Catered lunch once a week.
- Monthly team socials (Escape Rooms, Karaoke - everyone gets a chance to choose what this looks like)
- Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Successful candidates will be contacted within two weeks.