Full time, permanent
Hailed online as one of the UK’s hottest startups, Lantum is radically transforming how the healthcare profession works together, with the aim to save the NHS £1bn. Our platform helps manage all staffing needs in healthcare organisations of all sizes, and provides free tools for clinicians to find more work and manage their admin with ease.
Since launch, we’ve saved over £10m for the NHS and enabled 4 million patients to be seen by clinicians on Lantum. We have strong growth, supportive VC backers and huge ambitions to change medical labour markets for the better.
As our Finance & Office Assistant reporting directly to our Finance Director and Assistant Management Accountant, youll ensure the smooth running of our day to day business operations and shall be a valuable member of our small finance team.
Keeping our finance processes running smoothly:
- Timely payments to our doctors
- Follow up with surgeries to chase any overdue or outstanding payments
- Liaise with customer support to resolve any user payment queries
- Reconcile receipts and payments in Xero
- Handle our incentive schemes
- Bank cheques
- Checking and verifying source documents such as invoices, receipts, printouts
- Maintaining Finance control systems in line with prescribed protocols
- Managing accounts payable from uploading invoices via Receipt Bank and raising bank payments for review
- Reconciling bank accounts across 3 entities
- Responsible for reconciling Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable ledgers for month end
- Assisting with monthly management accounts preparation
- Reconciling and balancing all accounts to third party confirmation including bespoke software
- Preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
Making our office a great place to work:
- Always be on top of what we need to make the office work - new equipment, trendy coffee, things to make us more productive! Take proactive steps to make it happen, in an incredibly organised way.
- Liaise with the landlord, external contractors and suppliers.
- Manage monthly office budgets.
- Point of contact for sub letting tenants.
- Welcome visitors.
To be successful in this role, you’ll ideally encompass the following attributes:
- Degree level OR working towards degree or accountancy qualification (e.g. AAT, ACCA or other)
- Some accounts experience desirable
- A fast learner with an enthusiasm towards finance
- Demonstrable experience of problem-solving
- Capable of handling lots of data
- High attention to detail
- Intermediate excel skills
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Bags of energy, a can-do attitude and a desire to join a technology start-up
- A passion for our mission to transform the way healthcare works
Our benefits package comprises of:
- Health Shield (cashback for dental, optical & physiotherapy costs, plus access to a Virtual GP Surgery)
- Pension (up to 3% matching)
- 25 Days of Annual Leave
- An extra day off for your birthday
- Child care vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
We believe that a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in and how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or your secret aversion to cucumber water. All you need is a passion and a desire to be part of our mission.