Mrs Wordsmith is on a mission to revolutionise education and make kids fall in love with learning.
Combining data science from experts at Cambridge University with laugh-out-loud illustrations from the Hollywood artists behind Madagascar, this is vocabulary building that works.
The company is building a world class, animated word game engine that will enable it to re-imagine the dictionary and produce an ecosystem of word learning games. Our first app is going to launch early next year and is first-of-its-kind animated game for kids aged 3-6 designed to accelerate their vocabulary and introduce them to a new world of learning.
The company is venture backed by leading UK, US and Chinese investors. We recently raised an $11.5 million round of funding.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, highly organised Finance and Operations Assistant, who us looking for an opportunity to get under the skin of an exciting, innovative and fast-paced startup. The role will be to take control of accounts payable and accounts receivable, with scope to assist with balance sheet reconciliations, month end and operations.
You will report directly to our Finance Manager and you will be required to:
- Setting up new supplier details and payment terms correctly on the system and ensure that the new account procedures are adhered in accordance with policy
- Processing invoices promptly and accurately through ReceiptBank, ensuring they are approved /an or matched to a valid PO
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts on a monthly basis, prior to any payments made
- Raise external invoices / credit notes (Xero)
- Ensure unallocated cash is kept to a minimum
- Perform all aspects of the sales ledger administration procedure
- Work with the customer Operations team regarding overdue invoices
- Review blocked orders report and correct any errors
- Handle all operational elements of the end-to-end print production process, from gathering quotes all the way through ensuring that orders are fulfilled and received by customers
- Build and manage relationships with our network of printers and fulfilment houses in the UK and US so that our print products are delivered to customers on time and to an exceptional quality
- Business partner across Marketing, Tech and Operations
- Daily and monthly marketing reporting
- Ensure up-to-date book-keeping
- Prepare weekly payment runs.
- Uploading bank statements and PayPal statements to Xero
- Credit card / Charge card reconciliations
This role is perfect for a recent graduate who is looking to gain valuable business experience in one of the UKs fastest-growing ed-tech startups.
- Degree educated
- Extremely hands on with a ‘roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty’ mentality
- Previous experience with Xero is a huge plus
- Comfortable with Excel
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Flexible and wish to understand and become a part of the whole business - not just the numbers
Why work with us
- Make an impact on the future of education
- A wildly diverse team that celebrates our differences
- A playful, creative, working environment complete with dogs and a collaborative Sonos playlist
- Work in a newly renovated warehouse-style office in Clerkenwell
- We are a well-funded, high-growth rocket-ship on a mission
- Access to an amazing network of mentors, advisors and talented colleagues
- Immerse yourself in language, words, data and creativity
- An ever-growing weekly shop with tons of healthy food and sweet treats plus great coffee
We are looking for someone who will thrive in a company that values:
- The power of words to change lives
- Diversity of background and thought, underpinning a shared vision
- Community-focus: students, teachers and parents are at the heart of everything we do
- The magic that happens when data meets creativity
- Pushing the boundaries and taking risks
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.