Who are we
LendInvest (www.lendinvest.com) is the UK’s leading online platform for property finance and investing. Since launching in 2008, LendInvest has lent over £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion) to help buy, build or renovate over 5,000 homes across the UK.
LendInvest uses technology to provide borrowers with short-term bridging finance, development finance and Buy-To-Let; and investors that include retail investors (in our London Stock Exchange listed bond), investors on our Online Investment Platform and some of the world’s largest financial institutions, with stable income secured against property.
LendInvest is still majority owned by the founders and staff of the business, but has also raised equity from the same investors that founded Skype, and early investors in financial technology businesses like Klarna, Stripe and SoFi.
LendInvest is looking for a talented and commercially minded Financial Accountant to join our expanding finance team. This role will suit a newly or recently qualified accountant looking for their first move into industry. Reporting into our Finance Manager, you will play a key role in the group finance function, ensuring consistently accurate financial reporting and proper financial control over your funding lines, products and cost centres.
What’s the team like
Our team is growing fast, is a diverse and approachable bunch, with strong credentials and experience gained from a variety of industries. We work together to support the business’s needs and you’ll see tangible outputs and decisions being made as a direct result of your work.
What you’ll be doing
- Owning the reporting and analysis process for legal entities within the group, alongside ownership of product P&Ls and opex cost centres.
- Taking responsibility for the tax environment within the business and liaising with our external VAT and Corporate Tax advisors
- Reviewing auto posted borrower interest charges and fees to ensure no discrepancies between finance and loan systems;
- Preparation and posting of month end journals such as prepayments and funding line accruals;
- Performing analysis and reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including intercompany balances;
- Undertaking detailed review and analysis of monthly P&Ls to support business decision making;
- Interpreting and communicating financial information against budget & forecast to non-financial exec heads of departments to partner with the business
- Assisting with the preparation of monthly management information including segmented profit and loss accounts, balance sheets, cash flows and commentaries;
- Preparing files for external audit review and assisting with the bi-annual annual;
- Preparing annual statutory accounts under IFRS for audit;
- Preparing direct/indirect tax returns;
- Assisting the business with the implementation of new funding lines and products;
- Monitoring and enforcing financial policies, controls and procedures across the business;
- Preparing accounting papers to explain the technical details of the implementation of new funding lines and products
- Representing the Finance team to the wider business.
- Completing all accounting and reporting for our listed bonds and publicly listed entity
- Prepare the consolidation of the LendInvest Group under both management and statutory views
What we’ll need you to have
- 2+ years post qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent;
- Big Four Accounting Firm trained
- Demonstrable experience of working in a tax environment
- Experience of working within a financial accounting role in fast growth startup environment;
- Expertise in accounting for publicly listed bonds & public listed company reporting
- Experience of working with NetSuite
- Background of business partnering to review and explain departmental results
- Audit experience
- IFRS trained and experience of reporting accounts on an IFRS basis
- Cashflow reporting experience
- Strong Excel / financial analytical skills including the ability to provide clear, meaningful commentary;
- Experience of interpreting technical deal documentation to prepare accounting paper
What we’d like you to have
- Strong fundamental accounting skills;
- Strong organisational, planning and interpersonal skills;
- High energy, pragmatic, get it done attitude;
- Ability to mentor and influence both within and outside the finance team;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, efficient and organised; and
- Ability to work well under pressure and to strict deadlines.
What youll get in return
- Matched pension contributions
- Private Healthcare (Vitality scheme)
- Discretionary share-option scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- 25 days holiday
- Enhance maternity/paternity pay
- Company eye tests
- Subsidised gym membership via PerkBox
- Various other discounts/benefits via PerkBox
- Open bar from 5.30pm (4pm on Fridays)
- Cooked lunch on Fridays from a local restaurant
- A selection of breakfast cereals and fresh fruits and snacks are available each day
- A MacBook or similar and everything else you need to do your job