At DrEd we believe in giving people the power and confidence to treat the conditions society judges most. Every day we treat thousands of people across Europe who feel let down by the ‘old’ way of doing healthcare - phone calls, paper prescriptions, bureaucracy, waiting and worrying.
We’ve built an online medical platform that connects patients with doctors, pharmacies and test laboratories - providing safe, efficient and non-judgemental care to over 1,5 million patients in 6 countries and counting.
In order to support the continued growth of our organisation we are expanding the company’s finance function. Reporting to and working closely with the Finance Manager, the management accountant will be responsible for providing accurate and timely information to the management team, ensuring the right decisions are made and that resources are used wisely. DrEd is a fast-growing startup company - expect to be exposed to a broad variety of work in a fun, high-energy work environment. The role will suit someone with initiative who wants to actively contribute to improving the finance function and company processes.
- Preparing detailed monthly management accounts in a timely manner, and identifying key trends, issues and improvements from prior periods.
- Identifying, investigating and reporting on material variances to budget.
- Processing and reconciling sales and bank receipts.
- Inputting bank payments.
- Posting journals to recognise sales, purchases, fixed assets, accruals and prepayments.
- Preparing bank reconciliations.
- Maintaining accurate and detailed financial records for audit purposes.
- Assisting with preparation of the annual financial accounts and participation in the audit process.
- Assisting with budgeting, forecasting and other financial planning.
- Preparation of VAT returns and other HMRC filings. Understanding of VAT partial exemption calculations is desirable.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and the ability to apply these practically.
- Advanced microsoft excel skills.
- Attention to detail / data accuracy is crucial.
- Strong planning and organisational skills.
- A positive, focussed and proactive approach to work – continuously finding ways to improve processes for ease and efficiency.
- Friendly and approachable with excellent communication skills. Able to work and communicate with stakeholders from a number of non-financial teams.
- Previous experience as a bookkeeper, management accountant or financial accountant..
- Previous user of Sage 50 Accounts or equivalent accounting system.
- This role would suit a newly qualified or part-qualified accountant, or someone with AAT level book-keeping experience.
Who are we though?
- We’re DrEd. We’re disrupting healthcare by taking it online; using technology to empower patients.
- We work in partnership with some of the biggest names in healthcare, like Superdrug, and in many markets throughout Europe – the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- We have treated over 1.5 million patients across Europe over the last 4 years.
- We’re an ambitious, focused and fun team of circa 70 doctors, developers, product & UX’ers, ops and marketers
- We’ve created a vibrant, collaborative working environment, with a casual dress code, flexible working hours and a relaxed open plan office space
We can offer you
Apply for this job
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- An experienced, highly collaboratively development team to learn from and contribute towards
- Competitive salary, with a share options package and company-wide bonus scheme
- Hardware of your choice
- An individual training budget to spend on any conference / workshop you wish
- The ability to work flexibly as well as some great team social events every month (including our Friday Lunch & Learns)
- Private healthcare scheme (including gym and excursion discounts) and childcare vouchers
- Our brand new central London office in Angel offers excellent transport links, weekly fresh fruit, free breakfast, great freshly ground coffee and a bundle of local coffee shops, eateries and bars!