Drover is a VC-backed, growth-stage marketplace company offering monthly, all-in car subscriptions to customers who want to experience car ownership as it should be: digital, flexible and at a fair, transparent price. For some more detail, check out our press coverage in TechCrunch, Forbes or CityAM.
As our Financial Controller, you will tackle the following:
- Youll prepare our month-end and yearly management accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement)
- Youll work on a detailed financial analysis of our results including commentary for senior management
- Youll process all regular bookkeeping postings and monthly journals including prepayments and accruals
- Youll oversee our first ever audit process liaising with external accountants
- Youll assist our Finance Director with business analysis and other ad hoc tasks
Youll like also get involved with the following:
- HMRC filings, including VAT, EIS and EMI scheme filings
- Payroll, PAYE & pension
- R&D submissions
- An accounting qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- 1-2 years post-qualification experience working in practice and/or industry in an accounting role (not audit)
- Experience working in a marketplace company - strongly preferred
- Familiarity with accounting software like Xero / SAP / Sage
- Experience with bookkeeping and management accounts, confident in the preparation of accounts
- Knowledge of principles of consolidation
- Strong communication skills and ability to work with wider stakeholders such as external accountants and auditors
When you ask a Droverian what they love most about working here, their answer will likely be “the people” We are very proud of the amazing team we have assembled across London and Lisbon. The following should give you an idea about what kind of internal culture you’d be joining:
- We encourage proactivity and taking ownership of problems. We hate micromanagement. Instead, we let you set your own agenda and give you the space to learn and grow even if it means making a few mistakes along the way.
- We support each other through thick and thin. If you are struggling, you can always count on the team to help you get unstuck.
- We cherish feedback, whether praise or constructive criticism. There is no other way to learn!
- Ideas are judged on merit rather than source. You can have tremendous impact no matter your role.
- Know nothing about cars? Don’t fret it. Being a petrolhead is by no means a must-have to succeed here
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options
- The chance to learn from a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, Chicago, Warwick, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Blablacar, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- Fancy equipment (your choice of Mac or PC)
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Pension & cycle-to-work scheme
- Perkbox: free phone insurance, cheap cinema tickets and many other retail discounts
- Swanky startup office in Hoxton overlooking Regents Canal
- Free snacks and breakfast every day
- Catered lunch and office happy hour on Fridays
- Regular socials and team retreats (Budapest and Lisbon down, where next…?)