Friendsurance is the worldwide pioneer in Peer-to-Peer Insurance (P2P). We developed the P2P model, which rewards small groups of users with a cashback bonus if they remain claims-free. With this concept, we are an innovator of the insurance industry and have received a lot of international attention.
From this starting point, we have grown to be a smart home for insurances. Our customers can manage their insurance policies online and receive comprehensive insurance advice. In addition, they have the cashback option.
Since 2017 we started another pioneering act in Digital Bancassurance. Our first cooperation with Deutsche Bank is in the making.
Around 100 team member from more than 20 different nations are working passionately in our offices central in Berlin. A strong costumer-centric culture and good work environment is very important to us. We are therefore very proud to be rated as one of the Top 10 Employers in Berlin in 2017: https://news.kununu.com/beste-arbeitgeber-berlin/ ( https://news.kununu.com/beste-arbeitgeber-berlin/ )
We are also proud that our office, which we put a lot of love into, is mentioned as one of Germany’s top 10 startup offices: http://bit.ly/2eCBqEl ( http://bit.ly/2eCBqEl )
Please visit our career page to learn more about us:
https://www.friendsurance.de/job ( https://www.friendsurance.de/job )
We are looking for an experienced Freelance DevOps Engineer, who is not only confident and current with their skills, but also someone who is ready, able and eager to research and evaluate emerging technologies and identify those best to adopt.
This is a full time job for approx 2 months with significant responsibility, working as part of a strong and growing team of software technologists on site in Berlin.
- When it comes to infrastructure, you always think automation first. You try to avoid making manual changes on a production instance at all costs
- You live and breath AWS: Services and acronyms such as EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, VPC, WAF, EBS, CloudFormation, CodeDeploy, and CloudWatch are part of your daily vocabulary and you can’t wait to read about the new services that could make your life even easier
- You strive to be the first to know about production issues even before they occur, with carefully designed monitoring, and strive to work with the team to resolve them before anyone else could notice
- You practice and preach good security: you would never think of sending credentials over cleartext, you use two factor authentication whenever possible, and you make sure that latest security patches are always applied
- You make sure there are always current backups of everything, and you know they are reliable because you routinely test restores
- You are passionate about maintaining staging and testing environments, because you wouldn’t dream of deploying something to production untested
- You love working with developers and testers, and making their lives even easier by setting up super streamlined and reliable continuous integration and deployment systems
- You can install and configure Linux in your sleep, and troubleshoot network issues just as easily
- You are used to English as your working language
Your Tasks & Responsibility
- Develop, test, and deploy secure, reliable, availability, and scalable infrastructure using AWS technologies and Ansible (or similar)
- Setup and maintain application server stack including PostgreSQL, Tomcat and Apache
- Implement a complete backup strategy for all test and production systems
- Install, configure, and maintain development, build and deployment tools including: Jira, Jenkins, and AWS CodeDeploy scripts
- Setup monitoring systems using CloudWatch and NewRelic (or similar)
- Work closely with technology and product teams
- Implementation of a revolutionary idea
- Work with cutting edge technologies
- Work in a highly qualified team
- The technical challenges of a company in strong growth
- Start up atmosphere, flat hierarchies and the possibility to develop further
- Attractive salary and perspectives