Saberr creates powerful, practical technology that helps teams thrive. We believe that great teams can achieve far more than were capable of individually, and that it’s teams that will bring about humankind’s greatest leaps. They also make for better businesses, healthier margins, greater progress, and happier individuals – so we make products that take the guesswork out of building and developing them.
Founded in 2013, we were driven by a deep curiosity about how people interact. We realised that the right algorithm could help predict how compatible teams of people would be, based on their shared characteristics and values. From this, we created our first product, Base, lending scientific support to the process of interviewing and hiring
What began with meticulous data analysis quickly evolved into a deeper appreciation of the subtleties of optimal teamwork. Diverse personalities in a team are good – but when does diversity just become friction? How can you strife-proof an existing team? And how can we improve processes like making decisions and setting goals? Humans are complex, but with the right data, we can vastly improve our understanding of a team’s interrelationships – and the quality of the team itself.
So, in 2017, we launched CoachBot, the worlds first digital team coach, putting practical, powerful strategies and exercises for optimising teams – quite literally – in the hands of the team members themselves. Whereas Base is aimed primarily at people responsible for putting teams together, CoachBot provides useful, friendly and effective learning directly to individuals, giving them the tools to strengthen their team from the inside.
Drawing on thousands of hours of research, working with many dozens of team coaches, psychologists and academics, and partnering with more than 100 managers and teams, we distilled this knowledge into a completely new functional toolkit for teams, prototyping and testing along the way – and it’s already revolutionising the way businesses approach team coaching.
Thats kept us pretty busy. Our team has grown from two people to 12, and we currently work with businesses including Unilever, Sony, NHS, Deloitte, Virgin and Lloyds Bank. Big things are on the horizon – which is why were checking our bearings, shoring up our brand and charting our course ahead.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for an exceptional Visual Designer to bring consistency across our brand. The role will be offered as a full-time, minimum 6 week contract, with a view to extend if things go well.
- The designer will help solidify our brand with a consistent style and visual language to apply to our product and marketing.
- They are intellectually curious and able to communicate reasoning with users in mind.
- They enjoy the challenges of working in a fast-paced startup and are able to shift gears at a moments notice.
- They have a good understanding of UI design from previous work with product and UX designers.
- They have experience creating strong and long-lasting visual identities for organisations.
If you’re a collaborative and creative visual designer with a track record for creating beautiful brand experiences, we’d love to chat!
Over the last year we have been iterating fast to get our product to a solid baseline that teams want to use. We spent more time working out what it does rather than how it looks. Marketing materials, UI components, the website, they all look different. Using our existing (non-visual) brand identity document, you will help us to resolve visual inconsistencies across all touch-points, re-working and creating new assets where required to strengthen the Saberr brand.
- Above all, you will help establish a consistent visual brand for all areas of the business.
- Creating and documenting the identity as required, including:
- Colour palette
- Choice of typography
- Logos and other commonly used assets
- Visual principles for all teams to be sticking to
- Creating print templates for offline team exercises and digital templates for our marketing materials (such as presentations, proposals and email newsletters).
- Working with our existing UX/UI designers to help create an identity that scales across all areas of product
- Providing imagery and other assets for newsletters and blog posts
- Making visually pleasing yet easy to understand infographics
- Creating illustrations
- Strong graphic design skills, including both print and digital design
- 3+ years experience, either at startups or an agency with a portfolio to match
- A huge amount of creativity with a passion for creating beautiful products and great marketing
- Heavy experience of Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects.
- Familiar with Sketch
- Ability to make short how-to product videos would be nice but is not essential
- Strong communication skills to articulate your design decisions
- A proven understanding of customer centric design approaches
- You are confident and can debate the merits of one solution over the next. You can communicate decisions to the team and stakeholders
- You don’t mind getting your hands dirty working on the details
- You love collaborating on design problems
- Youre comfortable with thinking fast on paper and throwing ideas away
- You have experience working with very different groups: marketing, product managers, UX designers and developers.
- Experience working with HR or B2B SaaS products would be a plus.
- You must be able to come to our office at Angel London for at least a few days a week, and have the legal right to work in the UK.
- You speak fluent English.
- You must have a mac with all the software you need
Market day rate.