Drover is the mobility-as-a-service platform for everyone who wants a car for longer than just getting from A to B: find the car you want, keep it for as long as you want, swap or cancel anytime. In short: we are the Netflix for cars.
Drover achieves this through a two-sided rental marketplace model, connecting professional fleet owners with individual hirers, run on a superb website, a SaaS-based fleet management interface and a mobile app. Our vision is to provide a better alternative to car financing and traditional ownership and change how people access cars today.
Drover was founded by a team of serial technology entrepreneurs in London in January 2016, has handled over 30,000 vehicle bookings since and has been serially backed by world-class investors including Partech Ventures, Version One Ventures, Forward Partners, Cherry Ventures and BP Ventures.
To supercharge our product development, we are now looking to add a talented Front End Developer to our London-based team of developers, product managers and designers. As a member of the Front End team at Drover, you will be working closely with our product managers, designers and backend developers in an agile environment, continuously releasing in order to test, adapt and redeploy in the shortest possible release cycles.
- 1-2 years of front end development experience, ideally in a high growth startup environment
- Demonstrable experience building easy to use and beautiful websites
- Experience with React Isomorphic / Universal apps - a plus
- Experience with or a keen interest in hybrid mobile frameworks such as React Native, Ionic or Xamarin
- Excellent knowledge of responsive layout (Bootstrap Framework) across Desktop, Tablet and Mobile
- Good understanding of website optimisation and SEO principles
- Good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and the best solutions for resolving them
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and a multi-tasker
- Proficient understanding of Git
- Previous experience with Ruby on Rails - a plus
- The opportunity to become one of the key employees at an ultra fast-growing, exciting startup changing the mobility and automotive landscape
- The opportunity to work with, and learn from, a world-class team that includes serial entrepreneurs and alumni from some of the world’s best schools (Oxbridge, LSE, WHU) and most exciting companies (Google, Uber, Lyft, Gett, WeWork, EY, Goldman Sachs)
- A global environment: work with people from 18 countries, travel to our second HQ in Lisbon several times a year!
- A competitive salary and discretionary stock options in the company
- Top-notch kit. Well get you a shiny new Macbook!
- Tech and food events with the team
- Free team lunch on Fridays
- Monthly socials, biannual team retreats to exciting European destinations