There are 8,000 petrol stations in the UK, over 120,000 in continental Europe, and many more in the rest of the world. Our product shows our customers real time information that they used to have to wait weeks for, and we have a clear, ambitious strategy with a huge potential for growth.
Our intelligent software solution delivers real-time data, analytics and insight. EdgePetrol is bringing increased efficiency to how petrol retailers purchase and price fuel and operate their stations.
EdgePetrol’s founders and board members have an extensive background, knowledge and networks in upstream oil trading & downstream petrol retail. OUR CHALLENGES
Established in 2016, EdgePetrol offers a data driven web app to petrol stations, allowing them to optimize their business operations to maximize returns.
EdgePetrol has already secured funding, started development, launched, and is now being used by a growing number of petrol retailers across the UK. But there are plenty of exciting challenges ahead – we must:
- Complete integrations into more of the operational equipment our customers rely on; ePOS systems, fuel suppliers’ portals and back-end systems, fuel grades, pumps etc.
- Create machine learning tech to mine the vast body of data we are collecting to identify winning strategies and make recommendations for our customers to act upon.
- Identify and expose insights in the data, highlighting them as notifications and alerts where appropriate.
- Create awesome dashboard widgets and data visualisations to present critical insights in the most efficient and readable manner.
- Create engaging mobile apps so our customers can have the information they need, where they need it.
- EdgePetrol quickly moves front and centre in businesses where it is installed – availability and responsive support become critical.
This is the perfect opportunity to ditch the dreaded daily commute, as we’re seeking a home-based (fully remote) Full Stack Engineer based in the UK (preferably based in the South East of England).
More specifically, though, here’s an overview of what your day-to-day responsibilities will look like:
- Work closely with the CTO, Product Owner, and other home-based engineering team members (via tools such as Slack, Hira, Trello etc.) to drive the development of EdgePetrol’s product.
- Working a Kanban-style Agile methodology against a prioritised backlog.
- QA and deployment are part of your end-to-end responsibility.
- Twice-monthly story grooming or planning sessions in our central London office.
- Creating a web app dashboard to enable users to view business portfolio performance but drill into station level detail, surfacing the information our customers need.
- Work with the product team to specify and build responsive/adaptive web and phone/tablet applications to support our users when they are away from their desks.
- Own feature stories through the whole cycle, ensuring their quality and success.
- Mentor other developers on skills you are strong with and learn new technologies and techniques where you are not.
- Assist with troubleshooting and problem resolution as needed in support of the continued success of the product.
Our core tech includes:
- Heroku, Postgres
- Apollo GraphQL
And a supporting cast of tools, libraries and services including…
- Jira, Github, CircleCI
- Jest, Mocha and Chai
- Papertrail, Rollbar
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Recent commercial experience with as much of our current technical and platform stack as possible.
- Experience with Kanban-style Agile methodology, TDD, CI and CD.
- B2B web applications, data visualisation
- Building mobile and tablet-friendly web apps
- Must love the start-up environment – light on process, results oriented, green-field build of new product, own your work, small teams demanding flexibility.
- Ability to be open and honest about delivery – you must own your estimates and be open about blockages and problems.
- You must be self-motivated, resourceful, and disciplined with your time, staying aware of important deadlines and milestones.
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Maths, or any related field is a bonus.
This is an exciting role for a growing business, with room for you to grow:
- Perm benefits such as flexible leave, pension etc.
- Competitive salary
- Play a significant part in building a world class app, service, product and business
- Respond here, or get in touch directly:
- Apply direct or through one of the agencies we have already engaged in relation to this role - we will not consider applications from any other sources
- You must be eligible to work in the UK – we are not able to sponsor visas