FundApps is a startup that helps investment managers stay in sync with worldwide regulations. Our competition is stuck in the dark ages with slow, clunky, complicated user interfaces and installed software. Were shaking up the industry - providing a beautiful & intuitive web-based service which takes away our customers pains and lets them get on with what they do best.
Rapptr, our main product, isnt some shiny but vacant consumer app. Theres real complexity both in terms of volumes of data that we deal with, and how we visualise the results of hundreds of rules running across thousands of portfolios - in a way thats simple, understandable and easy to manage.
We ❤️ clean, simple code (and fun times)
Were a small team of smart, friendly people who collaborate closely and take pride in delivering amazing software and providing extraordinary customer support. You’ll help shape what we work on and how we do it. You won’t be micro-managed or stuck in a rut. We work hard on challenging problems and have a good time doing it.
We believe focusing on automation, testing and code quality enables us to move faster than our competitors whilst delivering better software.
We are looking for motivated, intelligent individuals who love to code to join our close-knit engineering team. We pride ourselves in getting our engineers up and running fast – expect to build and deploy your first feature in week one.
- You get a thrill from getting things done and deployed to users.
- You care about your craft and are hungry to learn new skills and improve your existing ones.
- You know and appreciate automated testing, clean code and continuous deployment.
- You are a pragmatist who believes in strong opinions weakly held.
What you will be working on
- Collaborate closely with our UX & visual designer, product experts, customers and the rest of our technical team to transform and improve the design and user experience of our existing web application.
- Use the latest technologies, automate testing and apply best practices to improve our product.
- Migrating our legacy UI (Razor views with JQuery) to our shiny new ReactJS approach - codename Vicctr
- Building features across our set of Products
- Improving our UI test coverage to avoid regressions
- Well support you to work on the whole stack (if thats your thing) - our Back end is in C#, F# and Go, built on AWS
Skills were looking for
- Strong proficiency in HTML5 and CSS3
- Strong proficiency in testing frameworks such as Jest, Jasmine, Mocha
- Experience with ReactJS
- Experience with front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
Plus a few helpful extras
- Not afraid of the ASP.Net MVC stack (razor templates and C# controllers)
- Automated testing using Selenium or similar
- No bureaucracy, just get it done
- Relaxed, spacious office in Shoreditch with Sonos & fresh ☕
- Generous personal budget to spend as you see fit on books, conferences, training subscriptions etc.
- Peer-led learning, knowledge sharing and professional development across the company through "Brown-bag lunch" sessions on a weekly basis
- Well cover expenses to any conference or event youre speaking at
- Bumper Fruit basket on Mondays, healthy snacks and a whole lot of social activity all week (board games, 5-a-side, badminton)
- Monthly socials (paintballing, karaoke and minigolf were all popular recent trips)
- 2 days company volunteering & 32 hours of paid personal volunteering leave to use with an organisation of your choice
- Generous pension contribution
- Half price gym membership & cycle to work scheme
- Progressive maternity and paternity policy
- Quality equipment and a fantastic location in the heart of Shoreditch
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We really strive to answer all applicants, however if you have not had a response within 4 weeks, please assume your application has not been successful.